Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blake_jp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2015, 02:09 AM
    Mortgage Payment
    How would you post in the General Ledger a mortgage payment of $3890, when $1,910 represents a reduction in the principal and the remainder is interest?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2015, 03:02 PM
    You debit the mortgage liability for the repayment of principal and interest expense for the interest and creditt cash for funds received

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payment Plan Mortgage payment behind [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently off work for two months and unable to pay my mortgage payments. My company put me on a payment plan and now they are charging me with other fees that were not told to me. I want to know how can I find out if their practices are legal. Who is the watchdog for these companies. I am...

Refusal to accept mortgage payment, does it void the mortgage? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I live in Ohio and have a mortgage on a home that I inherited. About two years ago I learned I would be losing my job, I contacted the mortgage bank and explained my situation in an attempt to get the mortgage adjusted to something I could afford to maintian. I was told I...

Is it best to pay off a mortgage or get a tax break on the mortgage interest payment? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4.75% mortgage rate. Would it be best just to pay off the loan?

Mortgage payment [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having trouble paying my monthly payments, what should I do

Mortgage payment.Mortgage told me one thing amount and then it was another. [ 1 Answers ]

Okay. I had a mortgage loan modification. Had an agreement with my loan company to make a paymnet of about five thousand dollars.Then I received a letter that instead of the five thousand that covered the months of October and November it was two thousand dollars and one of about two hundred and...

View more questions Search