Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anna3 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2015, 10:08 AM
    What are the best lines of vinyl siding?
    I'm wondering what contractors advise.
    What about Alcoa vs big box store brands?
    Northern NYS, if climate is a factor.
    Modest neighborhood, small one story home.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2015, 11:01 AM
    I would never use Vinyl siding in very cold climates, hit it with a hard snowball and it will break. I would consider Hardie or similar over all other siding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Securing vinyl shutters to vinyl siding [ 1 Answers ]

Vinyl shutters were recently installed to our vinyl sided home. The instructions that came with the shutters say that you should not tighten the screws too tightly or it will restrict the expansion and contraction of the siding. I noticed that our shutters are secured very tightly to our siding...

Drilling into vinyl siding [ 4 Answers ]

I need to drill some holes in my vinyl siding to attach some shutters. I am concerned about cracking my siding during installation since the weather is getting colder. If I drill into the siding in 50 degree weather, would the siding be prone to cracking or would this only happen in much cooler...

Siding Repair - Which do you prefer Hardie Plank or Vinyl Siding? [ 1 Answers ]

I am actually someone who is looking for tips on renovation. This month I am planning on doing some siding repair. I am currently using vinyl but I was wondering if it would be advisable to still use vinyl and just repair my siding or would it be better to replace it with hardieplank? Please if...

Installing vinyl siding over cedar siding [ 4 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to install vinyl siding right over top of cedar siding?

Hardiplank vs vinyl siding which is best [ 2 Answers ]

We are in the process of residing our home after having a car back into it:( . The contractor highly praises hardiplank but the window salesman claims that his vinyl siding is superior. How do you choose? We are open to any and all suggestions.

View more questions Search