Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Teaclipper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2015, 02:08 PM
    Bee-attracting, all year
    What bee-attracting plants (large or small) will repeat-flower for a long season? Here in dry, inland Australia, we have cool winters – a few frosts only – with bees active all year. So we need to provide a continuous range of nectar &/or pollen producers, which together will feed bees and other insects all year. Any suggestions, regarding even one season? With shade cloth and thick mulch, we can grow almost anything – provided we supply water!!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 5, 2015, 02:42 PM
    I'm in northern US, so I'm not sure for AU. For me, colored hydrangeas (not white) last very late and bees love them, as well as canna. Zinnias for annuals. I have a low spreading heather called 'heather pink' that puts out tiny pink blossoms very late in the fall, sometimes under the snow.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 5, 2015, 02:48 PM
    What about the perennial clover?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attracting More and Certain Girls [ 6 Answers ]

:mad: Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had some tips and advice on attracting a lot of girls. I really like a few girls and I haven't had a girlfriend in almost a year and I really miss being in a relationship, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bumble bee or carpenter bee [ 3 Answers ]

I live in an apartment building on the second floor and every summer I get bees that fly by my window and by the entrance, I think their nest is by the roof how can I get rid of them. I'm afraid my kids might get bitten by them, I don't want to kill them but maybe scare them away, please somebody...

Attracting women [ 29 Answers ]

Is there a way where I can show emotional / connection interest in a woman and not be rejected? Or is there a way where I can get women to show emotional / connection interest in me?

Attracting a girl [ 4 Answers ]

So there's This friend... Ok well she's really pretty... Right I mean she's straight out beautifull... And... Well see well I really like her like she is all I think about in a day she has an awesome personality and I mean when I'm with her I'm always smiling and laughing and I love the fact that...

View more questions Search