Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike08201 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 04:13 AM
    Romex connectors
    Going into the main breaker panel, can you put 2 romex wires through one romex connector (3/8")

Also if allowed, can you run (1) 6/3 and (1) 8/3 romex wire through a 1" romex connector?

Thanks all.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2007, 06:02 AM
    Most connectors are only rated for one cable per. Need to check the specs on each connector to see what it can handle. Certainly not with the two large cables in the 1 " connector.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wago connectors [ 4 Answers ]

Any thoughts out there on these push on type connectors?

Romex / pipe [ 11 Answers ]

Anybody plus and minus of romex versus pipe for a basement application

How to run my romex [ 2 Answers ]

I have 15 outlets and 12 lights. I am running 14/2 for the lights and do I run this to the smoke dec. to Right? Then I am running 12/2 for the outlets. Can I tie all the outlets into one circuit, and how many amps --same with the lights. -or--- should I run 2 circuits and split the outlets in half...

Exposed Romex [ 2 Answers ]

I started to put down batts insulation in the attic space above garage and noticed that the wiring coming from one of the outlets was stripped a little too much and one of the leads of the romex is actually exposed outside of the electrical box. I'd like to correct this before putting insulation...

Crimp connectors [ 1 Answers ]

What’s the proper way to install crimp connectors? Not butt splice connectors, I have used those many times. These connectors (made by GardnerBender) are plain metal and look like short pieces of tube. The instructions are confusing: insert wires, twist together then crimp. Are both wires...

View more questions Search