Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anaoxo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2015, 03:13 PM
    Need urgent help with these adjusting entries!
    I've done 35 already and am unable to do these 6, please help! Need urgently as I am trying to prepare for a test tomorrow.

Adjust the following entries and post them in the general journal.
    Year-end is may 31.

a) accrued salaries at year-end were $5000
    b) $2520 of interest had accrued on the $72000 note payable
    c) accrued revenues at year-end totalled $1700
    d) $12000 worth of advertising was prepaid on January 1 of the current accounting period and debited to the prepaid avertising account. This covered four months of advertising beginning on the same date.
    e) the annual amortization on the office equipment was $1800
    f) interest revenue accrued at year-end totalled $350
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2015, 06:07 PM
    The rule is
    Debit expense credit accrued expense
    Credit expense debit prepayed expense
    Amortisation is another way of saying depreciation, the term is incorrectly used here
    Credit revenue debit accreud revenue item

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adjusting Entries and Closing Entries [ 6 Answers ]

The Flash Pan Company manufactures cooking products. On August 1, 2007, the company borrowed $125,000 from creditors. Semiannual interest payments of $7,500 are to be made to creditors beginning January 31, 2008. On July 1, 2007, the company purchased a 1-year insurance policy for $10,000 and...

Preparing adjusting entries and closing entries [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot find any examples about this question on my book or anywhere else Please help.~ The following list includes selected permanent account and all of the temporary accounts from the December 31, 2008, unadjusted trial balance of Emiko Co. a business owned by Kumi Emiko. Use these account...

Advantages and disadvantages of automated systems for adjusting adjusting entries [ 5 Answers ]

Adjusting entries is something I have always done manually, is there any advantage to using an automated accounting system?

Adjusting entries: how to journalize a specific adjusting entry [ 1 Answers ]

How would I journalize this adjusting entry? Invoices representing $1,000 of services performed during the month have not been recorded as of May 31. :confused:

Adjusting journal entries from adjusting column of work sheet [ 2 Answers ]

How can I prepare necessary adjusting journal entries (a) through (e) by using the following information from the Adjustments columns of a 10-column work sheet. Interest recievable (d)$880 Office supplies ...

View more questions Search