Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psm4260 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2015, 01:27 PM
    incubation period for stds
    I tested positive for gonorrhea and chlamydia, but my partner says he has not been with anyone else for over 2 months. The last person I was with was also over 2 months. He claims he has no symptoms. So, what is the incubation period for these stds?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 3, 2015, 02:33 PM
    Has your partner been tested?

Two things you should consider, first being that a lot of people who have gonorrhea and/or chlamydia are asymptomatic. They're carriers spreading the disease because they don't know they have it. Which your boyfriend could be. The second item to consider is the incubation period for gonorrhea could be up to a month and chlamydia is around one to three weeks. So it would be about a month from initial exposure that you would start showing symptoms.

You should have NO sexual contact with your boyfriend until this is figured out and cleared up. I am assuming this is a new relationship for the both of you?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2015, 03:55 AM
    Some people can have it and show no signs for months and months, a few may never show active signs.

So you could have had it months ago, and it is not showing.
    Your current and past (and even partner before that) should all be tested. Don't believe them when they say, they do not have signs, demand to see a test result, or no sex with them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meningitis incubation period [ 0 Answers ]

How long can you have menigitis before you have symptoms

STDs [ 1 Answers ]

My partner got tested for std/sti and only got chlamydia and got treatment, which I received treatment now for too. Should I be worried about any other std/sti or since he only had chlamydia I shouldn't have to worry about anything else. And does azithromycin cure chlamydia 100%, do I have to go...

Stds [ 5 Answers ]

Can my partner smell the odor while having sex with me if I have chlamedia

Can we still get and STDs [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I have known each other for almost 6 years and have had sex for 5 and been married for 1 1/2 years, but we've hardly ever used protection. I was tested about 6 or 7 months ago for STD when I was pregnant. It was negative. He's been the only guy I've ever had sex with but he's had...

Common cold Incubation period [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please tell me when is a common cold at its most infectious period. Before it actually 'comes out' or when it is actually 'happening'?

View more questions Search