Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deedees Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2015, 05:08 PM
    Kitchen faucet won't turn off
    Today the kitchen faucet stopped shutting off completely. Its not dripping it's a steady stream of water. Don't know the make or model of faucet just a generic single handle and the house was built in 1954.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2015, 05:24 PM
    With the brief info you gave can't help much. Could be any number of faucets with different cartridges. Foe now, turn the water off under the sink. With that age, just replace it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 1, 2015, 06:43 PM
    After you shut off the water supply and confirm there is no pressure you should be able to unscrew the valve body to get at the cartridge. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h1JE0ygcIo
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 1, 2015, 09:15 PM
    Post a picture of it. We will identify it for you

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen faucet water will not turn off! [ 12 Answers ]

Hey... my faucet in the kitchen will not turn off, it's only happening on the hot side. I had to shut off main water valve to shut water off. Anyway to fix this? :confused:

Kitchen faucet won't turn? [ 2 Answers ]

My faucet is like the one in this question. It won't turn from side to side. I can't get it apart to remove any of it! I have tried soaking it with CLR, and using a knife to try a cut away at the fused part. Nothing.

Kitchen Faucet hot water won't turn on [ 3 Answers ]

I had to turn off the main water supply in the house. When I turn it back on the kitchen faucet hot water now has a slow stream of water coming on (cold water runs fine). All three bathrooms hot water runs just fine, it's just the kitchen faucet. It was working just fine before I turn it off. What...

Turn outside faucet 1/4 turn to the side so the hose won't be bent [ 6 Answers ]

Can I safely put a pipe wrench on an outside faucet and on the pipe it is attached to and turn it one quarter turn to the side so the hose connected to it won't be bent and spray at the attachment?

Kitchen Sink Won't turn off at faucet [ 2 Answers ]

My Hot water just runs and runs... I shut it off at the valve under the kitchen sink last night. What would make that happen?? Is it a problem with my faucet or something more than that? Help me

View more questions Search