Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WeAreLost Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Apr 12, 2007, 02:44 AM
    I'm looking for the perfect college graduation present for my daughter
    Hopefully I'm to the point. Maybe jewelry or other catogory. My daughter really is what I thought is as close to perfect as you can get. With many family problems she went ahead. She's graduating college next week and will be going to law school next year. The truth is Im not a very unselfish gift giver. Its cost me everything to bring up her and her younger sister alone. Because of that I want to spend about $500 to $1000 because she deserves to have something from Her Dad me because my Mom buys her lots so she's not lacking for anything, and I want her to have something from me, and not something tacky that looks big I want something meaningful.
    Please help me maybe Im in the wrong space and I should post this elsewhere and are there traditional college grad gifts?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2007, 03:46 AM
    If you are thinking of jewelry, how about having something engraved with the date or saying about the graduation that you can think of.

A gift that is memorable and not tacky does not have to be expensive. It truly is the thought and efforts that count.

What about a book of memories that you and your relatives and friends could put together for her - pictures, remembrances, have relatives write short stories, etc.

How about putting together a signed quilt with squares designed by individual friends and relatives.

Just some ideas.
    WeAreLost Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Apr 12, 2007, 04:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    If you are thinking of jewelry, how about having something engraved with the date or saying about the graduation that you can think of.

A gift that is memorable and not tacky does not have to be expensive. It truly is the thought and efforts that count.

What about a book of memories that you and your relatives and friends could put together for her - pictures, remembrances, have relatives write short stories, etc.

How about putting together a signed quilt with squares designed by individual friends and relatives.

Just some ideas.
    Thank you for your feeling on gifts. I really got it now when you said " It truly is the thought and effort that counts"Maybe I'll do something engraved I like that.
    CleverGirl Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Head on over to Etsy :: Your place to buy and sell all things handmade

Lots of incredible handcrafted goods- you'll be sure to find something as beautiful, unique, and smart as your daughter!

(and lots of the silversmiths can engrave or personalize)...

Best wishes and congrats! You sound so proud!
    Big hug!
    Bek

CleverGirl.etsy.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

Present Perfect or Simple Past in the case below [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question: I've learned that one of the differences between the present perfect and the simple past is expressed in the following examples: I've spent $20 today. (I can still spend money.) I went to the shops today. (But the shops are now closed... ) But if I want to...

Marriage before College graduation? [ 20 Answers ]

Hey there-- Here is my issue. I am 20 years old, my boyfriend is 21. We have been dating for 4 years, since high school, and now attend the same college. We'll both graduate in 2008 but have spoken seriously about marriage for 2 years. We're both Christians but have had premarital sex (we...

Graduation song for my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm trying to remember a song (country I think) that was sung about 4-6 years ago. It was a female singer and it was about her daughter getting ready to go to college. Can't remember hardly any of the words, but seems like one line was about her daughter taking an old lamp with her. Gee,...

College graduation gift [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a standard $$$ amount to give your child when graduating from college?

View more questions Search