Ask
    Dennis Liddell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2015, 08:36 AM
    Correct breaker size for a 240 volt stove
    Watch the correct breaker for 240 volt stove
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2015, 09:40 AM
    Depends on the amperage or wattage rating of the stove and the wire connected to it. Tell us that and we can go from there. Most are 50 AMP but I have seen 30 too. If you can find the wattage of the stove, divide that number by 240. BUT, you do need the wire gauge first as that is the limiting factor. BTW, it should be in the installation manual.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 31, 2015, 05:16 PM
    You must also know the gauge of your wire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Required circuit breaker size for 240 volt dayton 3UG73 electric heaters [ 11 Answers ]

What size breaker should be used for a dayton 3UG73 electric heater , wired for 240 volts

What size wire would I use to connect a 240 volt electric stove [ 2 Answers ]

I got a 240 volt electric stove, what size wire and breaker should I be using?

What gauge wiring and what size breaker is needed for a 5hp air compressor 240 volt [ 1 Answers ]

It is a 240 volt, 15 amp. Vertical compressor and is about 50 feet from the service panel.

Can you install more than one 240 volt heaters on a breaker [ 1 Answers ]

We are trying to update the heaters in our house and currently have baseboard heat and were going to use the Cadet wall heaters. Currently all the heaters in the house are on 1 breaker (10 baseboard) is that safe should we split them up as we update?

240 volt breaker not working [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guy, I got a ballast that work on 120volt and 240 volt, I use NC230 from stab-lok on my stab-lok panel When I plug the ballast on 120v black wire on breaker , white on neutral bar and ground... on ground bar.. the ballast works perfectly... When I set the ballast to 240V ( its just a...

View more questions Search