Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mommy2one07 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2015, 09:17 AM
    How does productivity in an industry lead to unemployment
    How does the productivity in one industry lead to an increase in the unemployment rate within that industry if wages are unable to adjust downward?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 30, 2015, 09:24 AM
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to HELP we wont do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..

Oct 30, 2015, 09:30 AM
    My confusion begins with understanding the concept of wages adjusting downward
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 30, 2015, 09:45 AM
    Well what does that imply ?

Oct 30, 2015, 10:38 AM
    I don't understand why the wage would ever adjust downward. And if it does, what does that mean?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2015, 12:11 PM
    I believe it should be productivity INCREASE. Then what happens, lets say new machinery to increase production. Look at the auto industry, robots mostly build cars now, not people.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 30, 2015, 07:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2one07 View Post
    I don't understand why the wage would ever adjust downward. And if it does, what does that mean?
    Workers take a cut in pay when profits are down, to keep their job and keep the business going. Again the auto industry is an example during the economic downturn of '07.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Productivity programs [ 1 Answers ]

You are typing a list of items in a document by using Microsoft word 2010. You want to keep track of how many items are on the list. What will help you track the number of itemes on a list

Slogan productivity [ 3 Answers ]

Give me some slongans on productivity may be in hindi or english

Productivity [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Where can I find information on the internet about what a country can do to increase productivity and therefore increase their gross domestic product. I would like this information because Portugal has an economic crisis annd their GNP is at 0.1% Thank you very much, Pedro Remedios

What stage of the industry lifecycle is the beverage industry in [ 4 Answers ]

What stage of the industry lifecycle is the beverage industry in ? I am running analysis to try to show this but I am coming up short . If anyone would like to take a stab at trying to figure this out your help would be greatly appreciated.

Biological Productivity [ 0 Answers ]

Define “biological productivity.” When a scientist says productivity is a rate, what does she or he mean? List several factors that influence productivity in various ocean environments (the surf zone, mid-ocean and the deep abyss).

View more questions Search