Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WeirdInvisibleG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2015, 11:02 AM
    How can you check if you have depression, without your family founding out?
    How can you check if you have depression, without your family finding out? I am a teenager as well. I took some tests and the say, I do have depression. I can't talk to any doctors and my friends don't understand. I feel alone and scared, I hate feeling weak and I experience a lot of depression symptoms like:I have a lot of mood swings, mostly feeling emptiness, sadness, numbness, hopelessness and more. Sometimes, I wish I was dead and everyone, including the world, would be better of without me.The stuff I used to love, like reading, I don't bother, I feel as if I don't have time. I get tired and annoyed and really angry. I had some strange appetite changes. I practically cry everyday, normally I cry myself to sleep. I feel guilt and worthlessness. Sometimes, I get headaches, I think it's from crying. I have trouble sleeping and find it hard to make decisions. It's trauma and grief and stressful events. I know that myself.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 29, 2015, 11:21 AM
    Why can't your family know? For any doctor visit (to get a real diagnosis) or meds or a counselor, you will need your parents' insurance coverage.

You don't want to go on like this. It might have an easy-enough "fix." I'll add more as you respond. I care!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2015, 10:32 PM
    Online tests and the such are not real medical advise. You can not tell if you are depressed from it. A lot of depressed people do not think they are.

You need to discuss this with your family, since if you are, you will need regular medical treatment, medication and more.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 30, 2015, 03:05 AM
    You really need to tell your parent that you need to see the family doctor for help through this tough period in your life.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2015, 07:28 AM
    You need to be examined and tested by an actual doctor... also any treatments are going to require prescribed medications. You won't do it on the internet. It is a very treatable condition if you have it. But to be treated you need to see a doctor first for a proper diagnosis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I get depression from my family, should I run away? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi! I'm new to this website and I thought it would help my question. I don't know but I get treated like a slave sometimes in my family :/ I'm the second oldest in the family, and I do everything! Chores, babysitting, cooking, everything like I'm the mother of the family! My oldest sister does...

Weight&family depression [ 2 Answers ]

I'm depressed about my weight and my family. I've put on weight recently and I can't control it.. I feel so fat! I juss want to be skinny?:(:( please help me... My family is going through a massive rough patch! I think my parents are getting divored. They are alwayss fighting and it makes me...

I was a Nanny for a Family and they stopped payment on check! [ 1 Answers ]

I need some advice here! I have been a nanny to a family of 2 boys for the Past 2 months. July 26th was my last day as I told her that I couldn't sit for Them anymore. She paid me each week on Thursday. So she gave me my check for $264. I always go straight to the bank to cash it, which I...

View more questions Search