Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NinadVaidya Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2015, 06:32 AM
    Parts
    Hey guys.
    I've recently been into am accident on my Honda cbr 250r.
    The bike is in the showroom for repairs,
    The guys there said my chassis is bent and needs to be replaced.
    It's been 15 days I've not been notified.
    I've been told that I'll receive a call after the repair is complete.

Can someone please tell me how muvh more time will it take? Or how much time does it usually take for major repairs or something to be repaired as in my case?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 28, 2015, 06:58 AM
    Depending on the backlog of the shop, it can take several weeks, just to be worked in.
    If they are having to strip down and replace the frame, that could be a long process.
    I would guess 5 or 6 weeks from an average shop. (although I would have asked for a date they expected it down, from day one.

Also, is there any payment issue, has all the insurance been cleared, so they are free to begin work?

Oct 28, 2015, 10:49 AM
    Yes, the payment has been done and all the paperwork is clear.
    I keep on getting the same annoying response that the chassis is not available, they have ordered it and they are unaware of the date when it'll be delivered!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 28, 2015, 11:25 AM
    I believe them. Isn't that an older model?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2015, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I believe them. Isn't that an older model?
    The older model is just CB250, I had a Scrambler, 197?? This is a much newer bike designed for the Asian market. BTW, I thought the same at first.

Oct 28, 2015, 11:40 PM
    Guys, seriously 5-6 weeks?
    I'm bikeless.
    What will I do these 35-40 days.
    It's already been 16 days they have the bike :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for parts [ 5 Answers ]

I have an old heating/air conditioning unit. I don't know how old the unit is nor what the name of the unit manufacturer is. The Model #: 48 HWC18 and the Serial #: AB27H37829. I believe the company who originally made the furnace was the Johnson Corp. Of Bellevue, OH. I need a blower motor...

What is the difference between parts injected in PVC and parts Injected in ABS? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between parts injected in PVC and parts Injected in ABS. I am interested in the structural properties that can give both materials. Is better to use ABS in injected parts that will be used as structural positions or will be used as a part of an assembly.

Looking for parts [ 5 Answers ]

I've been looking for a fan motor for my dads direct vent wall gas furnace. I can't seem to find one with the same specs the motor has. It is a sears furnace but they said it is no longer available. The name on the motor is universal electric co. it is 115v 60 hz 2.4A 1100/950 rpm 1/20 hp 1/2 dia...

View more questions Search