Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AngelaG602 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2015, 01:32 PM
    Trying to conceive
    Hello. My husband and I are trying to conceive. Well we had unprotected sex in the beginning of October during my ovulation. About 4 days after I started get symptoms already. But my period was due Monday oct 26th and I started spotting on the 23rd into the 24th and then it stopped started again today which I think is from sex last night. But my normal period symptoms are cramping and sever boob pain 1-2 weeks before my period starts. I haven't gotten any of that. But I've taken pregnancy tests and negative. Do you think I could be pregnant?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2015, 02:57 PM
    It may have been an off period, which can happen from time to time, even if it hasn't before.

IF you had become pregnant from the unprotected sex in early October, implantation would not have taken place at 4 days... would be a bit early still.

I would either wait and see what happens with your November period, while still having frequent sex, trying to conceive, or you could try another test in about a week if you feel that you are experiencing possible symptoms.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 27, 2015, 10:56 PM
    It can take up to a year for a healthy couple to conceive. It is rare you would get pregnant on the first month you try. (but possible)

First, how are you tracking ovulation, if you are merely using a online or phone application, those are not exact and could even be off days or more. So you need to track ovulation though medical means if you are trying for pregnancy.

Next you need to time the sex, 2 or 3 days before your ovulation, since it takes about 2 days for the sperm to reach the egg.

You need to wait about 10 to 14 days after you miss a period to test.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 28, 2015, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    It can take up to a year for a healthy couple to conceive. It is rare you would get pregnant on the first month you try. (but possible)

First, how are you tracking ovulation, if you are merely using a online or phone application, those are not exact and could even be off days or more. So you need to track ovulation though medical means if you are trying for pregnancy.
    Awesome advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Next you need to time the sex, 2 or 3 days before your ovulation, since it takes about 2 days for the sperm to reach the egg.

You need to wait about 10 to 14 days after you miss a period to test.
    I disagree. It would be better to have the sex every 2-3 days throughout her cycle just to make sure you're covered in case she ovulates early or late. Just to cover all the bases.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When did I conceive [ 9 Answers ]

My lmp was December 17/2011. My due date is October 14/2012. When did I conceive?

Trying to conceive [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my question is I'm trying to conceive, my last period ended April 15th and we've been trying my period is due roughly in seven days, should I test now or wait to see if my period comes because I know genesation needs to occur first I'm nervous! Please help, I'm also taking prenatal vitamins been...

Trying to conceive [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, am new here and I believe by the time I get answers to my questions I will be able to conceive. Thanks so much. My problem is I av trying to conceive for the past three years now, my husband and I av been to clinic and had all the test we are ask to do, and nothing is wrong with us, but still...

When did I conceive [ 1 Answers ]

I got my menstrual Jan 15 2012... had unprotected sex early morning of Jan 21 but got my lmp Feb 8 2012 had unprotected sex again early morning of Feb 19, 20,21,22,24, and 26 2012. I didn't get a cycle March.. found out I was pregnant... I saw an ARNP on Apr 17 2012 who told me the way my stomach...

Trying to conceive [ 0 Answers ]

I used to be on because pills and I stopped cause my fiancˇ and I want to have a baby but my periods were so bad I had to get back on the pills but I only took two days worth and quit again and I was already on my cycle when I stopped taking the because because I went to be with my fiancˇ and we...

View more questions Search