Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    viswa Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 11:51 PM
    Computer hang frequently
    Hi, I am using windows xp with intel GBF865 motherboard, intel processor,1 gb ram ,avg internet sercurity, sygate firewall, and adaware. My system hang very frequently I change even smps and ram also but the result is same. I plan to format but when I try to install that time also its hange. And some time its create problem to start also power will come to board but black screen display and its hang. Tell the solution what to do
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Apr 12, 2007, 12:08 AM
    I think you have problem with the following, may be corrupted.

- Master boot record
    - Partition tables
    - Boot sector
    - NTLDR file

Go to the below Microsoft link and follow thier instruction which will help you to solve the issue.

Computer stops responding with a black screen when you start Windows XP

Apr 14, 2007, 02:45 AM
    The system hangs in very small intervals,

This is the main scenario where system hangs mostly.

1. When the system power on that time.
    2. At the time when OS loading.
    3. Some time on desktop.
    4. While entering system UI & Pass that time.
    5. While it’s shut downing.

Rest is uncertain

Its create problem to start also, some time when I restart its not restarting.

I change my RAM, hard drive, power supply. I am not using floppy drive.

My Configuration.

Intel D865GBF motherboard, Intel processor, 1 gb ram , avg internet security

Kindly give the solution

May 3, 2007, 05:13 AM
    Still the problem alive
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

May 3, 2007, 06:56 AM
    I notice you are running Sygate. Is the Windows firewall running also? They may be conflicting, try disabling each one at a time.

You can also try booting into safe mode. If your in safe mode with no hang issues, then its probably a driver or software conflict. Check device manager for any yellow exclamation marks.

Was the PC working well before? Try doing a system restore.

May 7, 2007, 05:51 AM
    Thx HVAC888
    I format my system and now I am using AVG internet security, but the problem is there, some people told me that there is the problem with motherboard I tried with other one but the problem still there.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

May 8, 2007, 01:58 AM
    I think you did not go to the Microsoft Link which I gave you in my previous post.

Jun 6, 2007, 12:55 AM
    Shaved I tried that also but the problem still alive.
    umairnawazish Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 12:52 AM
    The problem you are facing has only one reason and that is your processor "heat up" you just open computer's cover and see the fan on the processor may be its not working or runs with a jerk if then you just need to replace fan and the probel got solved,

And if you want to wath the temperature of your processor download software named as "SPEED FAN" its will tell you temperature as well as solution of over heating

And one of the great reasons of over heating is "Over Clocking"

Hope this will solve your problem

Regards...

UMAIR NAWAZISH
    francisxo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Try removing the Memory, leave only the motherboard and processor. And Start the system
    If you get a beep then your bios is OK
    HAREENDRAN Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Dec 3, 2007, 04:26 AM
    Open the system unit and check CPU fan for proper working.Restart the computer and enter into CMOS setup mode.Leave the system in this mode for few minutes.If not hanging ,fault may be in the operating system - try to re install.Even in CMOS setup mode,the system is hanging check the hardware one by one.
    sweet_eliza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2011, 04:50 AM
    The same is with me... I do switch on the computer properly bt after... dat again it gets hanged... my mouse and my keyboard are ntwukin properly... I meen they both are freeezed... and then I restsrt it again... and the same thing happens... bt after the third trial... it wurks for a little bit of tym... and again the problem persists... I don't have any idea wats going on..?. once my cp did got corrupted.. I think twice... and plzz let me no if its going to happen again... :)... neeed a help... plzzz help me... I am fed up with this hangin and ol... :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace Gives Heat but Cycles Frequently [ 16 Answers ]

OK, Labman and others proved very helpful in the past with my ignitor problem so now I have another question: How long should a proper furnace run between cycles? I have read about the flame sensors and "limit switches" but I'm not sure if this is related to either. My heater seems to go...

What are frequently asked questions in technical interview of Chemical Engineer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I'm B.Tech in Petrochemical Technology... plz let me know the question asked in technical interview of Chemical or Process Engineer By learning any chemical software can I improve my marketability... Please help this out... :confused:

Breaker suddenly trips frequently.. . [ 1 Answers ]

I am in a home that is only 5 years old. Suddenly, within the last month I have noticed a breaker that frequently trips. I have not added any new electrical appliances in the room that this breaker covers. I will just be sitting in the room watching TV, with the usual room light on, and the...

Windows xp hangs frequently [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me... Windows xp keeps getting stuck after every few minutes. Whenever I open the task manager, it shows that a process called svchost.exe is utilizing 100% of my cpu process time. It normalizes if kept idle for some time but the problem reappears.

Programs hang the computer when left alone [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: when I download a program or install it and it takes awhile, and then asks to reboot(giving me the button to press to do that) it has a problem about doing that very thing especially when I say - walked away from the machine (while it was doing its install or checking) for 15 minutes or...

View more questions Search