Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Paris1120 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2015, 06:18 PM
    Trying to conceive after ectopic pregnancies
    I've had 2 ectopic pregnancies in which my right tube was removed and a piece of left tube was removed was wondering what are my chances of conceiving naturally
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2015, 07:14 PM
    OB should be able to help. Remember, there are a lot of un-adopted children, our daughter has 2!
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 27, 2015, 07:47 AM
    Do you know if your left tub was joined? I think that, considering scar tissue and everything, it is unlikely that your ovulated eggs will make it to your uterus or the sperm will make it to your egg. I think you might be sterile traditionally speaking. That isn't to say that you can't get pregnant, but you'll need to use IVF. I think it is likely they'll be able to harvest your eggs and go from there.

I don't think your chances are that high at all.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2015, 02:51 PM
    Much will depend on the health of the left tube and your ovaries. If your remaining tube is healthy enough, a hsg test would be helpful in this situation, it could pick up an egg released from either ovary.

As was said, it would be wise to discuss your particular circumstances with your gynecologist, and perhaps seek a referral to a reproductive endocrinologist, to see what options you might have of possibly achieving pregnancy naturally or with assistance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem pregnancies [ 3 Answers ]

1 month after my marriage, I got pregnant and when I was in the 7 week, the ultra sound showed the baby had no heartbeat... then I did curettage.. when the doctor analysed the baby, she found that it was down syndrome.. 6 months later, I got pregnant and I heard the heartbeat, but in 9 week, the...

Pregnancies [ 0 Answers ]

No period in two months

7 pregnancies 5 miscarriages [ 1 Answers ]

Im a 30 year old going to turn 31 in 2 months. Ive had 7 pregnancies from which I've had 2 babies and 5 miscarriages. From my last baby I've had 3 miscarriages, one that I'm going through now I'm nearly 11 weeks and fetus lost heart beat at 8 weeks. These last 3 miscarriages all were 8 weeks...

Unknown pregnancies? [ 6 Answers ]

Okay I know this is going to sound crazy to some people. But I have to get some opinions. I had thought in September that I was seeing implantation bleeding because my period was completely different than normal, and we had slipped up that month on protection. I took a test and it was negative...

Tubal pregnancies [ 2 Answers ]

Five years ago I had my tubes tied. My husband now wants another child, is there anything other that having surgery that I can do to make this happen? I was told that after about 3 years after your tubal its easy to get pregnant and its been five for me.

View more questions Search