Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lady H Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2015, 09:27 AM
    Formula milk
    My baby girl is 10 month old. I planned to give her goat milk. Any comments on this? Is it OK for a 10 month old baby? Which is better, goat or cow milk? My baby is fully breast feeding, but I can feel that she is not getting enough from me and the amount of milk I'm producing has decreased. So I wanted to give her formula. Which one is the best for her? Please help me.. thank you in advance..
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 26, 2015, 10:19 AM
    I would go with cow milk, but only as a supplement to breast. As well you might want to beef up your child's solid food diet as well.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2015, 04:41 PM
    Speak to your child's doctor, but generally, if she is not eating a fairly varied diet just yet, best to top up with formula. This will help provide her with continued nutrients designed for babies.

Once she is eating a more varied diet of solids, goat's milk actually has benefits over cow's milk, but majority go with cow's milk as it is the most familiar and most available. Be sure to go with a whole milk variety as the additional fats are beneficial for awhile.

FIRST, however, I would recommend seeing a lactation consultant about the breastfeeding. You may not have a dimished supply as you suspect... and any additional milk may be a mute point at this stage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

13month old diet chat and good eating habits and formula milk start [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my son is 13months old from the birth he is having dry skin problem. His diet and eating habits are really bad because of that I am having really a tuff time. He is still on breast feed and not ready to take formula. Other than semi solid food he takes 2tsp of cereal 3times in a day and rice...

Milk and formula? [ 2 Answers ]

I am part of the WIC program.I want be able to get more formula until next week.I have a little bit of formula left.can I mix the formula i have left with regular milk?and if so what kind of milk would be the best?i'm just trying to stretch the milk until i can get the formula

My son need the feed whole night not ready to take formula milk also [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my son is 8month and 2 week old; he is on breast feed he takes 3-4 biscuits and 2tbsp of cerelac and some time cooked 1tbs of rice and 1slice of bread with butter in a day. He is fine in day time with feeding online while afternoon sleep he takes 30mins feed otherwise 2-5mins feed 10-12times in...

Goats milk for formula [ 1 Answers ]

reeses420 For a one year old is goats milk a good formula?

Cows milk or formula for a 3 month old.pros and cons [ 6 Answers ]

Need to know what is good for a 3 month old... formula or cows milk

View more questions Search