Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pauldata Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2015, 11:35 AM
    Expensed Period Costs under Variable Costing
    I'm not sure how to expense period costs for the month under variable costing.

I know that under variable costing, period costs would be: fixed manufacturing overhead + variable selling and administration + fixed selling and administration.

but how can I calculate a months worth of expense with the data I've been given?

Units:
    Beginning Invetory: 0
    Sold: 800
    Produced: 1,100
    Ending Inventory: 300

Variable Costs per Unit:
    Variable Selling and Administration: $48

Fixed Costs:
    Fixed Manufacturing Overhead: $39,600
    Fixed Selling and Administration: $7,200

what I've come up with so far is that you take units sold and multiply it by variable selling and administration plus all the fixed cost. Is that right?

Check out some similar questions!

Income statements under absorption costing and variable costing [ 3 Answers ]

One the absorption income statement I worked backwards from the income of operations which my book provided to help with the problem. What I do not understand is how to get the number for cost of goods sold. I do not know what to put together to get this number. I have done the absorption...

Preparing an income statement under absorption costing and variable costing [ 5 Answers ]

Stonehenge Inc. a manufacturer of landscaping blocks, began operations on April 1 of the current year. During this time, the company produced 750,000 units and sold 720,000 units at a sales price of $9 per unit. Cost information for this period is shown below. Produciton costs Direct...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.