Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadief19 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2015, 07:09 PM
    Am I pregnant?
    I have been experiencing a lot of pregnancy systems, including but not limited to, missed period, cravings, always being tired, slight stomach pain, and others. I did have what I do not consider an actual period, because it only lasted 3 days and was very light and then changed to kind of a brownish color. I have taken a number of tests, the first one had a line so faint it could hardly be seen, so I waited and every other one has come out negative. I am so confused as to what could be going on.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2015, 07:33 PM
    First... Cravings, stomach pain, being tires and others are all symptoms of a number of other things too.

Missed period is the only reliable one... but many women do skip a period from time to time. And all will be late from time to time.

YOu never said how late you were.

Also... its important exactly WHEN you took the tests. If you didn't take them ALL right after you woke up the first time you peed that morning... the results are inconclusive. You also can only read them during the time window given for the test... not hours later.

Oct 19, 2015, 08:50 PM
    Well ik about the time limit in which they are valid and when they are not. I also know my symptoms could be something else, that is why I ask for opinions, to see if anyone else would happen to know or if someone has had the same experience that I am. As for how late I am, 3 weeks.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2015, 04:57 AM
    Three weeks is significantly late, no doubt.

Take another test ONLY right after you wake up... and only the first time you pee that day. Then read within the time window specified on the test. If you are in most cases it would be detected by now. You could always get a blood test done at a doctor, that's more sensitive. There are some women that will test negative well into their first trimester... or you might have simply had an irregular period.

Problem is most people have misconceptions about what is and isn't an actual symptom of any given thing. And most of those will assume anything will be a symptom of whatever they want it to be. That makes them invalid as they are not reliable or repeatable.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 20, 2015, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sadief19 View Post
    Well ik about the time limit in which they are valid and when they are not. I also know my symptoms could be something else, that is why I ask for opinions, to see if anyone else would happen to know or if someone has had the same experience that I am. As for how late I am, 3 weeks.
    Another thing to remember is that you will have weird and wonky periods throughout you life and there is precious little you can do about it. It is hard to say what causes them, it could be your stress level, illness, other medications, or the direction of the wind. The period that you didn't consider a period could have been your period and you could not be pregnant. If you test again and it is negative and you're still concerned about this, I would get it confirmed or denied by a blood test through your doctor.

Oct 21, 2015, 11:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Three weeks is significantly late, no doubt.

Take another test ONLY right after you wake up... and only the first time you pee that day. Then read within the time window specified on the test. If you are in most cases it would be detected by now. You could always get a blood test done at a doctor, that's more sensitive. There are some women that will test negative well into their first trimester... or you might have simply had an irregular period.

Problem is most people have misconceptions about what is and isn't an actual symptom of any given thing. And most of those will assume anything will be a symptom of whatever they want it to be. That makes them invalid as they are not reliable or repeatable.
    Well before I even thought it was a symptom of pregnancy I have done quite a bit of research on the subject from other people as well as online from reliable websites. And before I am positive that it could be that or if it was just a weird period I am waiting to see a doctor. My next one is due to come on the 24th. Right now I am only considering it a possibility. I have missed a period before but not with all of the symptoms that I have right now. I already have one child, but with her the symptoms didn't come nearly as fast. I have had all of the symptoms and some others before I missed my first period. And with how light and how short it was, I know that the small amount of bleeding I had was not my period. It was far too light and only got lighter as it went, so much so that after the first day I didn't even need to use anything. And by day 3 it was done and over with. That is not a normal period.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 22, 2015, 02:11 AM
    The issue with symptoms, is that many people believe they have them at 3 weeks, but they don't happen to 3 or 4 months. In other cases some women get many, other women get no symptoms. And for every symptom, there are 1000's of women who get them for other reasons.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2015, 03:02 PM
    Many women will experience early pregnancy symptoms, sometimes before a period is due. It all depends on when ovulation and implantation occur, and the individual's response to the rising hormones... as well as how quickly hormones happen to increase. Certainly many possible symptoms can be attributed to other things, but in a combination, it can be very telling for some women. On the flip side, other women won't notice anything very much out of the ordinary for several weeks... and a pregnancy will take them by surprise. It varies tremendously.

@sadief19... cycles can be off, for a number of reasons. Again, it is all very individual, and some women will experience some spotting or light bleeding in early pregnancy, and sometimes enough to think it is a regular period. As you said, see what happens with this next period. If it doesn't show, obviously test again or see your doctor to determine whether it is due to a pregnancy or something else.

Oct 23, 2015, 12:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    Many women will experience early pregnancy symptoms, sometimes before a period is due. It all depends on when ovulation and implantation occur, and the individual's response to the rising hormones... as well as how quickly hormones happen to increase. Certainly many possible symptoms can be attributed to other things, but in a combination, it can be very telling for some women. On the flip side, other women won't notice anything very much out of the ordinary for several weeks... and a pregnancy will take them by surprise. It varies tremendously.

@sadief19... cycles can be off, for a number of reasons. Again, it is all very individual, and some women will experience some spotting or light bleeding in early pregnancy, and sometimes enough to think it is a regular period. As you said, see what happens with this next period. If it doesn't show, obviously test again or see your doctor to determine whether it is due to a pregnancy or something else.
    Thank you. i know with my first it was months before i noticed any symptoms other than the positive tests, but i also know that every pregnancy is different.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

4th pregnant chance with previous history of blood clot during pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is safe to have a 4th pregnancy with a history of blood clot in my 2nd pregnancy at 30 week? Should I see a gyne?

I'm an adult and possibly pregnant--parents will kill me if I'm pregnant [ 11 Answers ]

Well I'm in my mid 20's still studying in a relationship (not engaged or married) have been together almost a year don't live together. My parents are very religious and my sister is their golden child she dated her now husband for many years before he proposed and even though they've been married...

Could I be pregnant even after negative pregnant test when nuvaring taken out early? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question to ask: So here's the history.I had a period and went to the OBGYN so that I could start Birth control. I started the Nuvaring in on September 1st, which was the last day of my period, I had gotten it Aug 28. I had sex and used a condom on the 1st. But then I didn't wait the 7...

View more questions Search