Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlomba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2015, 02:43 PM
    Cannot regulate temperature of water in shower
    American Standard Shower Faucet. Water runs hot or cold but not warm. If you try to move it towards the middle, a slight banging noise starts and temperature bounces back between really hot or cold. Replaced cartridge 2 times.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 18, 2015, 06:06 PM
    Your temperature balancing device inside the faucet is acting up. Replace the cartridge.

Hope that helps

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I regulate the temperature in a 2 story house with a loft? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 story house with a loft that overlooks the high ceiling living room. The heating and cooling are very uneven throughout the house. The unit is upstairs & the thermostat is downstairs by the door to the garage. The furnace is gas. I have ceiling fans in most of the rooms. I have...

Thermostat does not regulate set temperature in a zone [ 0 Answers ]

A plumber recently installed a new zone valve, and purged the pipes. One of the zone valves will heat, but will not stay on the set temperature at the thermostat, (58 degrees), instead, the temperature will keep rising up to 80 degrees. I checked the thermostat wires, and it's all hooked up...

Thermostat will not regulate the temperature [ 1 Answers ]

I have a braeburn 5000 thermostat. I have programmed it, but when it reaches the given temperature say 65, it doesn't cut off and start up when it goes below the set temperature. The furnace continues to run until I switch off the heat. I replaced the batteries and put in a new air filter...

Shower water temperature [ 1 Answers ]

The heating system I have is a one year old mega flow. I have a shower in our en-suite with a victorian mixer valve (again one year old), but what ever temperature you set it at bears no resemblance to the water temperature coming out. Most times it is on the maxium "hot" setting you can get, and...

View more questions Search