Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    falguni25 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2015, 05:24 AM
    Is there a possibility of prenancy in this case?
    Had unprotected sex on 5th September just after the periods ended. I had my birth control pills the next day morning within 24 hrs. Later had unprotected sex again for 3 days (27th to 29th September) just 2 days before my period date which is 2nd October. There wasn't any insertion but lot of fluid of my partner near my vagina. I had one I pill again within 72 hours on 30th Oct. Now it has been since then till now I didn't get my periods. It is 17th October today I did a urine pregnancy test which came out to be 2 bands of pink line one with a light pink on left side and dark pink on right side. Which means to take the test again after 2 or 3 days. Is there any possibility that I can be pregnant ? After how many days should I take the next test ?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 17, 2015, 06:13 AM
    I'm not sure I understand. You said you had unprotected sex, but there was no insertion. Is that correct?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2015, 06:14 AM
    Where these normal birth control pills, that are to be taken every day, or was this the "morning after pill" Plan B (and other names) if so, you should not be taking them on a regular basis they are for emergency and have serious side effects.

Yes there is still chance for pregnancy in any of the case.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 17, 2015, 06:36 AM
    ANY time there is penile insertion there is the risk of pregnancy. No form of birth control is 100% effective.

The first manifestation of pregnancy is a missed period. If your period is late by more than a wek, then take a test.

Oct 17, 2015, 07:10 AM
    Yes... no complete insertion... but fluid was der around the vagina...

Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Where these normal birth control pills, that are to be taken every day, or was this the "morning after pill" Plan B (and other names) if so, you should not be taking them on a regular basis they are for emergency and have serious side effects.

Yes there is still chance for pregnancy in any of the case.
    They were the emergency pills to be taken within 72 hrs. It says to take test 3 weeks after sex from which date should I count?
    Expert

Oct 17, 2015, 07:23 AM
    There was no insertion so there was no unprotected sex, physiologically speaking. With that said, if there were fluids that close to the vaginal opening, pregnancy is a possibility.

The emergency pill is to be taken in an absolute emergency and should never be used as a regular form of contraception.

If if your period is a week or more late, take the pregnancy test using first morning urine and follow the directions exactly as to the time limit in which to read the test. Waiting too long to read the test will result in a false negative.

Oct 17, 2015, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    There was no insertion so there was no unprotected sex, physiologically speaking. With that said, if there were fluids that close to the vaginal opening, pregnancy is a possibility.

The emergency pill is to be taken in an absolute emergency and should never be used as a regular form of contraception.

If if your period is a week or more late, take the pregnancy test using first morning urine and follow the directions exactly as to the time limit in which to read the test. Waiting too long to read the test will result in a false negative.
    But it was both done in the safe period zone still pregnancy may take place ?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2015, 09:18 AM
    "But it was both done in the safe period zone still pregnancy may take place"? There is no "safe zone". You need to get better educated about sexual activity if you plan to continue the way you are doing. Why not birth control pills or a condom?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2015, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by falguni25 View Post
    If you happen to ovulate earlier than the norm, sex right after a period ends can lead to pregnancy. The sex a couple of days before a period is due may be a less likely time for pregnancy to occur, but not entirely impossible.

This is because while you may usually ovulate at a fairly consistent time in each cycle, it is possible to have an occasional off cycle where ovulation occurs outside what may be normal for you.

Using the calendar, along with learning ways to predict ovulation, can lessen the chances of an unplanned pregnancy. Certainly using an appropriate form of birth control consistently will further to lower the chance.

Perhaps speak with your doctor about options that are available and appropriate for use.

Taking the emergency birth control pills can alter your cycle, so maybe give it until your next period is due and test again if needed. Another option, which may give you some peace of mind, is to test once a week until you either have another period or possibly get a positive result.

As J_9 said, be sure to follow directions carefully if you do anymore testing.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2015, 02:39 PM
    Yes... no complete insertion... but fluid was der around the vagina...

They were the emergency pills to be taken within 72 hrs. It says to take test 3 weeks after sex from which date should I count?
    Why does there have to be complete penetration... or any penetration at all.

All you have to do is transport the sperm to the vaginal opening and if ONE of them managed to make it the rest of the way and fertilize the egg... you will be a parent.

Just for reference there are MILLIONS each time.

Even on birth control it is possible to get pregnant. Sure its less likely but its still possible.

As was said...there is no safe period.

I suggest you start educating yourself with facts....from a GOOD source...not where you have been hearing what you have so far. Otherwise you are going to find yourself having a baby real soon.

Oct 24, 2015, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    If you happen to ovulate earlier than the norm, sex right after a period ends can lead to pregnancy. The sex a couple of days before a period is due may be a less likely time for pregnancy to occur, but not entirely impossible.

This is because while you may usually ovulate at a fairly consistent time in each cycle, it is possible to have an occasional off cycle where ovulation occurs outside what may be normal for you.

Using the calendar, along with learning ways to predict ovulation, can lessen the chances of an unplanned pregnancy. Certainly using an appropriate form of birth control consistently will further to lower the chance.

Perhaps speak with your doctor about options that are available and appropriate for use.

Taking the emergency birth control pills can alter your cycle, so maybe give it until your next period is due and test again if needed. Another option, which may give you some peace of mind, is to test once a week until you either have another period or possibly get a positive result.

As J_9 said, be sure to follow directions carefully if you do anymore testing.

Thanks 2 ol of your information so far. I did the test again carefully following the instructions and still had a dark and light pink line (which means take a retest in manual it is neither positive nor negative). Then yesterday I had small amount of bleeding. Is this bleeding due to the pills or does small amount of bleeding take place in first month of pregnancy or is it like the start of normal period with less flow ?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2015, 01:27 PM
    Which pregnancy test are you using? It is definitely a pregnancy test and not an ovulation test, correct?

The slight bleeding could be from any of those options. Emergency contraceptive pills can change your cycle that month. Some women do experience some spotting or bleeding in early pregnancy. Sometimes a period may start slowly.

If you don't have a normal period in the next couple of weeks, either try another home pregnancy test or see your doctor for a test in office.

Oct 25, 2015, 06:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    Which pregnancy test are you using? It is definitely a pregnancy test and not an ovulation test, correct?

The slight bleeding could be from any of those options. Emergency contraceptive pills can change your cycle that month. Some women do experience some spotting or bleeding in early pregnancy. Sometimes a period may start slowly.

If you don't have a normal period in the next couple of weeks, either try another home pregnancy test or see your doctor for a test in office.
    Yes it is trusted pregnancy test kit. Well by the manual such results come when there is low level HGC in urine to detect or if I'm doing early testing. But its so confusing its been 3 weeks yet the test is inconclusive.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 25, 2015, 08:45 AM
    You need to wait and see if you miss your next period. Test two week after you miss a period.

Oct 25, 2015, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You need to wait and see if you miss your next period. Test two week after you miss a period.

I checked for test after 2 weeks when I missing my this month period. I shall check again. Also from which date is the days of pregnancy counted?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 25, 2015, 04:19 PM
    No form of birth control is 100% effective, even the emergency contraceptive pill. So any time penis enters vagina, or penis ejaculates near vagina, pregnancy is possible.

Why do you need to know which date pregnancy is counted from? Did you have sex with more than one person during this time?

Pregnancy is 40 weeks gestation, it's counted from your last menstrual period. It's not an exact science. At 4 weeks actual gestation, actual growth of baby, you would be considered 6 weeks pregnant. There's a 2 week leeway, so to speak, from your last period to when you ovulated, to when you actually conceived.

I suggest you do a bit of research on how pregnancy actually works.

Also, your period may will be off because of all the emergency contraceptives you've been taking. It can throw off your period. Read the pamphlet that comes with the pills.

If you plan to have sex, plan a better form of birth control than emergency contraception, i.e. the morning after pill. That's for emergencies only, like the condom breaking, or forgetting your birth control pill. It's not to be used as a form of contraception. You're doing a lot of harm to your body by using the morning after pill instead of using everyday contraception, at least two forms, the pill and condoms. Even then, pregnancy is possible.

Bottom line, unless you're ready to have a child, physically, emotionally, mentally, financially, you should not be having sex. Any time you have sex, even if you use every contraceptive known to man, pregnancy is possible.

Good luck.

Oct 26, 2015, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    No form of birth control is 100% effective, even the emergency contraceptive pill. So any time penis enters vagina, or penis ejaculates near vagina, pregnancy is possible.

Why do you need to know which date pregnancy is counted from? Did you have sex with more than one person during this time?

Pregnancy is 40 weeks gestation, it's counted from your last menstrual period. It's not an exact science. At 4 weeks actual gestation, actual growth of baby, you would be considered 6 weeks pregnant. There's a 2 week leeway, so to speak, from your last period to when you ovulated, to when you actually conceived.

I suggest you do a bit of research on how pregnancy actually works.

Also, your period may will be off because of all the emergency contraceptives you've been taking. It can throw off your period. Read the pamphlet that comes with the pills.

If you plan to have sex, plan a better form of birth control than emergency contraception, i.e. the morning after pill. That's for emergencies only, like the condom breaking, or forgetting your birth control pill. It's not to be used as a form of contraception. You're doing a lot of harm to your body by using the morning after pill instead of using everyday contraception, at least two forms, the pill and condoms. Even then, pregnancy is possible.

Bottom line, unless you're ready to have a child, physically, emotionally, mentally, financially, you should not be having sex. Any time you have sex, even if you use every contraceptive known to man, pregnancy is possible.

Good luck.
    Atly thank u so much for the response but is it necessary to have sex with multiple people to know the pregnancy time calculation? To your information I didn't. Anyway I wanted to know that for some other reason. Previously many on this post did enlighten me up on how pregnancy can occur. My questions came out of worry and panic, if you have knowledge why not help me by sharing it. I'm sorry if it bothered you so much. I did whatever precaution I could it should have prevented me from getting pregnant but turns out the very rare case did occur out with me.

Yes contraceptive pills are of no use they have no effect to body for protection. Even if you take the pills as instructed. I had my test again and it came again two lines.This time the other line that use to come light previously in T section was a bit more darker but though lighter than the one in C. I consider the test positive.
    Expert

Oct 26, 2015, 07:20 AM
    Falguni25, usually when women come to us with questions like yours, they have had sex with multiple partners and expect us to know who the father is by the dates of their encounters. I think that is where Alty was going. I see now, that is not the case with you.

You do not name the brand of the pregnancy test, so it is hard for us to help you interpret the lines you are reading. You see, this is a global website and there are hundreds of pregnancy tests around the world. Therefore, there are hundreds of interpretations of "lines." In the end, you are better served getting your positive or negative results straight from a doctor rather from the Internet.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 26, 2015, 07:23 AM
    You do not have to assume anything since a simple visit to the doctor will confirm whether you are, or are not pregnant. Then you can figure out what should be the next steps.

Oct 26, 2015, 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Falguni25, usually when women come to us with questions like yours, they have had sex with multiple partners and expect us to know who the father is by the dates of their encounters. I think that is where Alty was going. I see now, that is not the case with you.

You do not name the brand of the pregnancy test, so it is hard for us to help you interpret the lines you are reading. You see, this is a global website and there are hundreds of pregnancy tests around the world. Therefore, there are hundreds of interpretations of "lines." In the end, you are better served getting your positive or negative results straight from a doctor rather from the Internet.
    J_9 : the brand that I use is prega news.

Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You do not have to assume anything since a simple visit to the doctor will confirm whether you are, or are not pregnant. Then you can figure out what should be the next steps.
    I can't visit a doctor or else things would surely be simpler to me :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prenancy [ 2 Answers ]

I had my last period nov 2-6 and it usually last 7 days well It didn't come on the time it was suppose to come on

Prenancy scan [ 1 Answers ]

My wife was scanned and here result are as follows; 1. uterus is bulky and habours a single gestational sac with no fetal node echo 2. GSD - 31mm 3. GA - 8 weeks + 4 days 4. cervical Os is a bit dilated Asssesment of early cyosis What does the above information mean?

Prenancy [ 0 Answers ]

I was 6 months pregnant with my 1st, 8 months with my 2 and, 6 weeks with my 3rd child, irregular periods are me, trying for our 4 th child period is 5 weeks late and all tests coming back negative, after my last child who is 5, it has being every day on the month so what is going on ! Im only 31 !

Precum and possibility of prenancy [ 2 Answers ]

A day ago I had sex with my girlfriend and we had a little foreplay and she masturbated me and I got wet with some fluid(precum) then we had sex while I was putting on a condom first I put it on opposite side because of lights were off and then the back to the other side. I just read from the...

View more questions Search