Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crow1666 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2015, 08:04 AM
    Probation violation
    I was put on probation 2 months ago. I transferred to Mississippi. I missed my drug test do to being sick with pleurisy I have the hospital papers. I called my p.o and explained to him,he was not happy. He told me I needed to ask for a travel permit and go back to the original state. Told me my probation was a headache. Told me to come in next week. Does this mean he is going to violate me
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2015, 08:25 AM
    He very well can, You can't decide to up and move anywhere you want without prior permission, even another county in some cases and never another State. So you actually did TWO different things to be violated on. Probation is SUPPOSED to be a headache. Its part of the punishment. And well... he gets paid to do his end. Headache or not for him.
    Questionair Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Oct 16, 2015, 08:51 AM
    Every probation officer is different. Since you just started two months ago he might show leniency, or he might decide that you need to be taught a lesson. Your move is a big reason to violate, and missing the drug test should automatically violate you as well. My suggestion is to talk to him and explain your situation, he might understand. Good luck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 16, 2015, 09:29 AM
    Relax, go in and see your PO as instructed and take your paperwork (along with any meds they administered) from the hospital with you. I doubt if you will be violated if you were hospitalized with illness, and have documentation. Stay cool no matter the attitude from the PO.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2015, 06:25 AM
    My guess, he is going to rant and rave and see if you will go off. Or if you will be quiet and just take the yelling. Not good to miss, did you call him on the way to the hospital, before you were suppose to be in his office (not after you got out of hospital?)

Did you often to let the hospital take a blood sample and do the drug test?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of probation- didn't pee but signed failed for hydrocodone to probation [ 10 Answers ]

misdemeanor probation violation one was dismissed I was released 6/10 /10 I violated for a random drug screen by admitting I wouldn't pass probby didn't make me pee but had to sign waiver, he felt bad I was falling apart I'm on felony agg. Battery charges brought to simple battery on probation for...

Violation of Probation, Maryland Shoplifting PBJ/Violation due to Urine Test [ 1 Answers ]

My 18 year old niece was arrested three times within a week for shoplifting. The first was under $200 worth of electronics she was stopped with before leaving the store, A few days later, she was caught stealing small items totaling under $20 from two stores in a shopping mall. This resulted in 2...

Probation violation on a felony. More probation or actual jail time? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister in law was on probation for fraudulent use of i.d. (felony in TX). She was just arrest for theft ($50-$500) in another town and served about a week in jail there. She was then extradited back home because she violated her probation. She is currently being held on NO BOND with charges of...

Second violation but first formal probation violation sentencing [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend was violated on informal probation and sentenced 30 days. Now he's on formal probation and was violated. What will he be sentenced?

Maryland violation of probation time limits to file violation [ 2 Answers ]

I was given 5 yrs of probation during which I violated the terms by not paying restituion as indicated . I could not pay for financial reasons and a violation was filed and I was found guilty. The judge sentenced me to 6 months jail and said that I would have only 6 months left after I got out to...

View more questions Search