Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dennychod Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2015, 05:13 PM
    What could be wrong with bathtub handle?
    Bathtub faucet trickles out when single handle turned to hot side. Sink hot water is OK. No access panel either.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2015, 08:28 AM
    Most likely debris in the hot side port. Turn water off at the house, remove cartridge, flush port by putting a rag over the opening and have someone turn on the water momentarily to flush the base port. Then make sure the cartridge port is clear. If you find a lot of small white pieces, you may have a deteriorating dip tube.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 18, 2015, 06:07 PM
    Your temperature balancing device has most-likely gone bad. Replace the cartridge.

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathtub single handle faucet. [ 1 Answers ]

Our home in AZ, has been empty for 9 months. The bath faucet does not give any hot water, only cold. The sink near it is fine. How do I get the hot water to come out of the single handle faucet. I have taken it all apart but there is no other removeable part to check. This is in the wall with...

How do you remove an airlock from a one handle faucet in a bathtub. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a bathtub that has only been used once or twice in 7 years. I went to check the water today and the cold water runs fine but when I turn the one handle faucet to hot there is no water flow at all. This happened when I first moved in and the plumber said it was an airlock. How do I remove...

Cold handle bathtub leaks! [ 1 Answers ]

My bathtub has been leaking and I replaced the washer and the seats and I know that the cold handle is the problem area. It's just a bathtub with 3 separate openings for the faucet (it has 2 handles & I believe it's a COMPRESSION faucet). It's not a spout and doesn't connect to the wall. When I...

Dripping bathtub faucet Delta One Handle [ 0 Answers ]

My Delta bathtub faucet is leaking. Can I replace the washer? The faucet that delivers water to the tub is the part leaking. I see a previous question about the handle leaking. My handle is not leaking, the actual faucet part is dripping. It is almost undetectable; I just noticed when hanging...

Replacing single handle bathtub handle with 2 handles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am redoing the tile in my bathroom and want to change my single handle hot/cold fixture with a 2 handle fixture... Can I do this myself or do I need a plumber?. My house was built in the 1960's and the faucet seem original.. I do have access from the back and will have access in front once...

View more questions Search