Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Retiredusaf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2015, 12:02 PM
    Water Heater on 3rd level of house
    Is there anyway to recycle the cold water from heater until hot water starts to flow on lower levels of house?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 14, 2015, 01:19 PM
    There are devices that circulate a trickle of hot water in a loop from the heater to the bathroom and back again, so that the hot water pipes are always full of hot water and you get instant hot water in your bathroom. It would save having to run the water in the bathroom waiting for it to get hot, but of course at the extra energy usage for circulating the water and reheating it. Or you could put a tankless hot water heater in the bathroom.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 14, 2015, 07:26 PM
    Install hot water circulating pump. They sell retrofit pumps. You mount them on the most distant plumbing fixture in your house ( lowest level ) and it will circulate hot water for you. That way you will minimize wasting water.

Hope that helps

Milo
    Questionair Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Oct 15, 2015, 03:16 PM
    If you are trying to have hot water reach one of your bathrooms from the first floor you have two options. Option one is installing a circulate pump with enough head to raise the water x amount of feet, or option two installing an electric tankless water heater which will almost instantaneously provide hot water at the point where it is placed.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2015, 03:26 PM
    I would suggest to install a Watts water heater recirculating system please open the attachment for more information, Thanks.

Joh
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Watts instant-hot-water Recirculating System.pdf (226.9 KB, 95 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure through the whole house even ater replacing water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I'm still experiencing low hot water pressure even after replacing the water heater. When you first turn on the faucets the pressure will be fine but within a few seconds it drops again.

Toilet bubbles and water level goes down when other plumbing is used in the house [ 1 Answers ]

I have just purchased a house that was built in the late 40's. An addition was added onto the house ( livingroom, bedroom and full bath) My problem lies in the toilet in the main bathroom... When the bathtub, or washing washine are being used the toilet water level drains to almost nothing, and...

Lots of cold water in the house but no water going to water heater. [ 0 Answers ]

I've tried opening and closing the valves leadind to the water heater but nothing happened, no water into the heater and nothing out of the drain. I have also heard of some sort of electrode that can be attached to pipes for possible defrosting, but I can't seem to locate any in Albuquerque.

Water backing up in house for 3rd time [ 9 Answers ]

My family and I have lived in a two story, 2 bathroom house for over a year. We have had no problems for most of that time. Then, about 2 months ago, some strange things started happening concerning appliances that use water. The toilet started bubbling when the washing machine would drain, the...

Very low water pressue to house after replacing leaking valve on water heater [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the leaking valve leading to the hot water heater, drained the hot water heater, turned the main valve to the house back on and now have very low water pressure to the house (cold and hot) The house has galvanized metal pipes... HELP please!:confused:

View more questions Search