Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meganwilson386 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2015, 07:13 AM
    Am I pregnant?
    Ok I took a pregnancy test and it said positive two weeks ago well few days later I took another and several more through out the weeks they said negative. I had my period but it only last 3 days when usually last a week the last day it was spotty here and there. I been eating more gained 9 pounds in two weeks , peeing a lot , face is all broke out below my lips! Could I be pregnant
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2015, 07:49 AM
    Are any or all of the negative tests being taken at any time OTHER than right after you wake up the first time you pee that morning? If so that's why.

Oct 14, 2015, 08:08 AM
    I took all my test during day
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 14, 2015, 08:09 AM
    IT is very rare to get a false positive on a pregnancy test. It is hard to say what is happening, but my first reaction is a VERY early miscarriage. I would go to your doctor to get this pregnancy confirmed.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 14, 2015, 08:10 AM
    If you engaged in sexual intercourse you could be pregnant. Whether you are or not is impossible for us to answer. If you are concerned, consult your OB Gyn.

Without knowing when your period was, when your previous period was, when you took the first test and the other tests, we can't even begin to answer.

I can tell you that the first physical manifestation of a pregnancy is a missed period. Since you say you had a period, then its unlikely you are pregnant. However, since you say it was shorter than usual, maybe it wasn't a period. The best time to take a HPT is between 1-2 weeks after you miss a period. The closer to 2 weeks the better. So if you did not take the test at the right time, the positive might not have been accurate. You NEED to follow the instructions of the test exactly. First morning urine will give the most accurate results.
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2015, 09:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Meganwilson386 View Post
    I took all my test during day
    That's probably why they are coming back negative. They should be taken right after you wake up, the first time you pee that day. Not afterwards... the hormone they detect will be much lower the rest of the day as the urine will be much more dilute. Take another one at the right time (right after you wake up) and it will probably come back positive like the one you took 2 weeks ago. And put your mind to rest.

Or as was mentioned....a blood test at a Doctors office.

Oct 14, 2015, 09:54 AM
    OK with my last child I had my period while pregnant for the first two months. And I have never took early morning test I always have tooken them whenever and they never was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    IT is very rare to get a false positive on a pregnancy test. It is hard to say what is happening, but my first reaction is a VERY early miscarriage. I would go to your doctor to get this pregnancy confirmed.
    I have never had miscarriage before does it hurt do you know if your having one?

Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    That's probably why they are coming back negative. They should be taken right after you wake up, the first time you pee that day. Not afterwards... the hormone they detect will be much lower the rest of the day as the urine will be much more dilute. Take another one at the right time (right after you wake up) and it will probably come back positive like the one you took 2 weeks ago. And put your mind to rest.

Or as was mentioned....a blood test at a Doctors office.
    I wake up at like 2 am to go bathroom should I take it then that the earliest I wake up to pee
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 14, 2015, 09:59 AM
    OK with my last child I had my period while pregnant for the first two months. And I have never took early morning test I always have tooken them whenever and they never was wrong
    Then you have a very unusual body. Do you not understand what your period is? Each month the uterine wall builds up a lining that is used to nourish the fertilized egg. If there is no fertilized egg implanted, then the lining is flushed out of your system. This monthly cycle is called menstruation often referred to as a woman's period. Therefore, it would be almost impossible for you to have a real period once an egg is implanted.

As for when to take a test, if you read the instructions, they will say to use first morning urine. It depends on how far along you were has to whether the hormones the test is designed to detect will have built up enough to be detected later in the day.

But each woman is different. You may have an unusual body that reacts differently.
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2015, 10:14 AM

I have never had miscarriage before does it hurt do you know if your having one?

I wake up at like 2 am to go bathroom should I take it then that the earliest I wake up to pee
    If that's when you wake up after sleeping , then that's the best time for you. That's the time your urine will be most concentrated, meaning the hormone tested for will be easiest to detect. We say morning because the majority of people will just be waking up then.

Oct 14, 2015, 10:59 AM
    Thank u

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

4th pregnant chance with previous history of blood clot during pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is safe to have a 4th pregnancy with a history of blood clot in my 2nd pregnancy at 30 week? Should I see a gyne?

I'm an adult and possibly pregnant--parents will kill me if I'm pregnant [ 11 Answers ]

Well I'm in my mid 20's still studying in a relationship (not engaged or married) have been together almost a year don't live together. My parents are very religious and my sister is their golden child she dated her now husband for many years before he proposed and even though they've been married...

I got my period this month, but I'm feeling pregnant. Ive been pregnant twice. [ 0 Answers ]

I been feeling sick for a week. I got my period 2 weeks early. I been tired, cranky, irritated, fustrated, and uncomfortable. I been pregnant 2x. I threw up today. And I been having hot flashes and a few cramps. As well as craving ice (a first) considering I hate cold things on my teeth. I took a...

View more questions Search