Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DesertYankee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2015, 05:53 PM
    Options
    Our department secretary applied for a job posting and found out after selections were made that her posting was lost. Apparently there was a "glitch" in the electronic system and her posting was never "received".

We are a large national company with over 50K employees, and our building's future is not certain (like so many others). When opportunities arise in other areas everyone should have equal opportunity to apply.

What options would be available for this person? Thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2015, 07:31 PM
    She applies again for the next one. It would not be fair to take away someone else's selection after they have already gotten it. There was no guarantee she would have even gotten it anyway. If they don't have it... how did they know they lost it? Maybe it was never really submitted, or submitted correctly and was never received?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 12, 2015, 07:41 PM
    Sadly this sort of thing happens. It was an electronic error, her post wasn't received, they have chosen their candidate.

All she can do is wait for the next posting, apply again, and this time make sure her posting went through.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there anything out there to help me get into Options? [ 5 Answers ]

How can I get into options without the aid of a broker? Where do I go to buy an option? I had a broker who handled the options for me but he was a crook as far as I am concerned. Would like a "Do-it-Myself" information from start to finish.

What Other Options Do I Have and Which Options Should I Choose? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I just happened to came across this site and was wondering if any members here might be able to help me with this problem of mine. I am a mild mannered Malaysian Chinese (can't speak any Chinese languages fluently), 23 years old and I graduated roughly two years back (at 21 years old). I...

What are my options [ 3 Answers ]

When I went through my Divorce a few years back I got stuck with a rather large credit card debt @$23,000 that was divided in half(mine and half hers) in Texas. But when I went to pay that half to the credit/collection agency they wanted 100% payment. Now 4 years later they have put a lien against...

Options? [ 3 Answers ]

I got into an ajustable rate mortgage 2 years ago. The rate was 7.3%, which, at the time was the best I could get with my bad credit. Now, the rate has jumped to 10.3% and I'm being told it will jump to 13.3% in another 6 months. I already could barely afford the payments before the first jump...

What are my options? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a B.A. in accounting and business (1996). I currently work for $11 an hour in the medical field processing Medicare/Medicaid claims for a private doctor. I would like to earn more money but am uncertain of the possibilities. Do you have any suggestions? I have considered starting my own...

View more questions Search