Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anormously help Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2015, 12:21 AM
    I got a phone yesterday and today mom took it away. I am 13 but I don't do any textin
    Help me
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 12, 2015, 12:23 AM
    Help you how? Why did she take it away?
    anormously help Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2015, 12:23 AM
    Help me please teen
    i got a phone yesterday and today mom took it away., i am 13 but i dont do any texting calling or thing like that but ya i do play games on it...mom says"u will get ur phone every sunday.how to deal with this problem while i really want it back.help me?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 12, 2015, 12:26 AM
    Why did she take it away? I find it hard to believe she bought you a cell phone yesterday but will only let you have it one day a week
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 12, 2015, 02:19 AM
    Gee, I wonder what you left out? Ya i do play games? Could it be that you were told that you can't play games; that having the phone came with rules?
    You 'deal with the problem' by working hard to show that you are responsible, and if given an expensive toy that costs money EVERY MONTH, that you will abide by the rules.
    If you think that when you are out on your own you will be free to do what you want, think again. You won't be able to afford the phone bill without a job, and that job will have rules that make mom seem like your best friend.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 12, 2015, 03:14 AM
    Let me guess, she doesn't want you to play games during the week when you should be focusing on school. Or playing games during school, or losing your phone at school. Regardless of the reason, you should obey her rules, and show that you can handle your responsibilities and maybe she will trust you with more.

Good grades, good conduct, and obeying the rules goes a long way to earning your moms trust. Plus you should already trust your mom's judgement in this.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 12, 2015, 11:43 AM
    If your mom says you'll get it every Sunday, then those are the rules and you follow them. Once a week is better than not at all.
    What were you doing that caused her to take it away?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2015, 03:52 PM
    Its your moms phone.. she just lets you use it. She is the one who's name is on the plan and the one who pays for it.

YOu follow ALL the rules your mother makes... and you do what she asks when she asked you to do it. Cell phones are expensive and you have to behave extra well to deserve one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ETG test today after drinking yesterday. Can I pass? [ 4 Answers ]

I drank three mimosas and a beer yesterday (Easter) in between 11AM and 6PM. I got called for a random alcohol ETG test today. The mimosas were all pretty weak and it was a light beer. I don't usually drink (that was the first time in two weeks). I have to go in by 800 tonight. I'm a girl, 5'5...

Loved me yesterday, but NOT today, what's up? [ 2 Answers ]

Moved to its own thread I've been broken up with my girlfriend of 4 years. When I truly think about it. Today everything was returned completely to me. We've been broken up numerous amount of times, and I've felt myself coming back always. I can relate to the last couple of posts as she does...

Can you help me to change a flight yesterday, to today? [ 1 Answers ]

Can you help me to cancel our bosses flight scheduled yesterday but, changed to today with the same time? Please advise.

I signed a lease yesterday. Can I get out of it today [ 3 Answers ]

I signed a lease and gave a security deposit on an apartment yesterday. Can I get out of it today?

Auto sprinkler - works yesterday, not today? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I finally programmed my sprinkler system correctly and it worked yesterday afternoon - went through all six zones with no problem. This morning it did not start. The controller was going through the zones, but the pump never started. We had wasps move into our pump start relay last...

View more questions Search