Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annmcf53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2015, 05:33 AM
    Radiators
    Hi, for all plumbers out there, I have taken off 2 radiators to decorate, can I still run the heating system for the rest of the radiators, I have gas heating with a combi boiler
    Questionair Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Oct 9, 2015, 06:42 AM
    As long as the heating system is in tact and the plumbing lines connected to those radiators are plugged, that should be no problem.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 9, 2015, 06:52 PM
    Hi Annmcf53

If you have a combi. boiler (forced-water system) then you must have drained or isolated the zone (or entire boiler?) associated with the radiators to remove them, right?

If you were able to isolate the zone with the radiators/zone enough to drain them then it should be OK to run the rest of the boiler system (the other zones) with no problem, short-term. As Questionair suggested, if this is expected to be a long-term issue, I would strongly suggest capping the radiator connections before starting the system up.

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding radiators [ 3 Answers ]

I am unable to bleed the radiators in my home as the valves have been painted over numerous times. Will the application of paint stripper such as nitromors remedy this situation. What do plumber do when faced with this problem? Thanks in advance for any helpful answers.

Radiators [ 0 Answers ]

Radiator hot at top but only warm at bottom can you tell me why please.

Radiators [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys, quick question. I have radiator heaters in my home. One of the radiators doesn't heat up. It's always cold even when all the others are steaming hot. Can anyone tell me why and is there any way to fix this? Thank you. Happy Holidays to all

Cool radiators [ 1 Answers ]

The problem I have is cooler radiators the further they are from the central heating system, these are lower floor radiators and to the rear of the house. I have bleed and radiators which were all OK. I have tried to balance the radiators by carrying out the following actions. Closed all...

View more questions Search