Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikeharper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2015, 06:11 PM
    Flies in septic
    How to get rid of flies in septic tank
    Questionair Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Oct 9, 2015, 06:48 AM
    You may have a broken sewage pipe, post some pictures for a better answer.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 9, 2015, 07:52 PM
    If you are seeing flies in your septic you have other problems. A septic system is totally sealed so you see nothing. What you might have are sewer flies in your floor drain, is that it? If you have flies in your floor drain fill a bucket with very hot water and two cups of bleach. Dump down the drain and you are good to go.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 10, 2015, 02:42 PM
    Fix the broken pipe first or you will never get rid of them.
    Also, your septic may be overflowing and/or your leach-field is over saturated with sewage.
    Any wet areas in your yard ?

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain Flies/Sewer Flies [ 24 Answers ]

We moved into this house almost 1 yr ago. At first I didn't notice the flies. We have a shower stall in our bathroom that is in our room. We noticed a leak and stopped using it. Someone mentioned that I should still pour water down the drain, is this true? Our sump pump is in the basement next...

Septic Tank Flies [ 1 Answers ]

My neighboor works for a septic company I guess ill have him come over and take a look at things with me I think ihave flies coming in from my septic tank (possible) I REALLY hope its not a broken sewage pipe I simply do NOT have the money to fix that And if it is... I'm totally screwed

Septic Leach Bed Leaks Back into Septic Tank [ 15 Answers ]

Every time we get a heavy rain I get water coming from the leach bed back into the septic tank. Is there a check valve that can be installed to prevent this from happening or any other suggestions? I have been told that a curtain drain would help, but that is costly.

How close to a concrete septic tank & chamber septic field can I build a fence? [ 6 Answers ]

We want to build a chain link fence around our septic field in the back yard. The field consisits of the septic tank, main distribution line, and 10 chamber style leach lines, each 100 linear feet long, spaced at ten foot intervals. I need to know how close to the tank and chambers I can put the...

Why flies coming from under floorboards what flies [ 1 Answers ]

Have recently had a problem with sewage leaking under the house this caused my home to be infested with sewage flies had the sewage leak fixed and my floor boards ripped up the sewage removed and the area sanitised then the floor relayed had no flies for about a week but we are now getting some...

View more questions Search