Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2015, 03:25 PM
    Changing Ice Maker Tubing valve
    Now has the old fashion saddle valve. Want to replace it will a sort of stop valve.
    How does that work I see 1/4 for the tubing back to the fridge. But how do you tap into the main water line on the other end. Perhaps with some sort of copper fitting
    Or compress fitting?
    Attached Images

massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 8, 2015, 03:58 PM
    Google "sharkbite ice maker kit (or shutoff valve)". These are sold at almost all home improvement stores and are simple PUSH FIT installation. Just cut the pipe and push the shark bite shutoff onto the pipe... super simple and easy to do.

Mark
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2015, 04:03 PM
    Oh that is great

Oh that is great
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2015, 06:44 PM
    You will need a Shark or Gator bite Tee
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 9, 2015, 04:23 AM
    No he won't... see image. The sharkbite ice maker kit comes with a sharkbite tee with 1/4" compression shutoff right on it.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  159.2 KB
    Questionair Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Oct 9, 2015, 06:45 AM
    Yes kits are definitely the way to go with your dilemma. You may want to look into another brand such as john guest ice maker kit, if the sharkbite one is not appealing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ice Maker Tubing [ 4 Answers ]

Ice maker inlet valve tubing is missing a part I think it needs a ferrule that goes on The tubing first before it screws in the fitting. See picture.

Piercing saddle valve for ice maker [ 16 Answers ]

I want to install a water supply line for the ice maker in a new refrigerator. Are the piercing saddle valves safe? I am worried that it might leak after a while. Is it better to install a real brass T with a 1/4 inch valve? Also, I noticed a recommendation on this site to tap the HOT water...

Locate 'water valve' in GE CAN9 ice maker [ 0 Answers ]

Where on the refrigerator is the icemaker 'water valve' located??

What does the ice maker water inlet valve have to do with the ice maker leaking? [ 0 Answers ]

On my amana refrigerator, the ice maker leaks water at the inlet to the ice maker itself which drips heavily back into the dump tray which freezes the ice cubes all together. I was told the water inlet valve may be at fault. Why? Does the inlet valve have anything to do with the pressure going into...

Ice maker water inlet valve connection [ 5 Answers ]

I am planning to replace my water inlet valve of my referigrator ice maker. I am confused with the electric connection. The +ve or -ve is not marked on the referigrator side or valve side. Please advice how to find this. Or Is it OK if I connect it anyway? Thanks Sam

View more questions Search