Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donails4801 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2015, 04:56 PM
    Smell cooming from undersik, was previosly a Dr.s ofc, have tried vinegar, soda
    What could I use for smell coming from under sink. Have tried vinegar, soda, hot water, it goes away for a few moments, then returns, was previously a Dr's ofc, also connected to 4 other buildings in strip mall, everyone smells it..
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2015, 06:47 PM
    My guess is that the plumbing is not properly vented and you are getting sewer gasses coming up from the sink. The solution is to have a plumber out to inspect and correct the problem. No amount of cleaning will correct this issue - there has to be a vent pipe to release the sewer gasses out of the building or they will back up into the building and you will experience this problem.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 7, 2015, 07:12 PM
    By under do you mean just inside the cabinet? Do any of the other 4 parts of the building have a similar issue?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 8, 2015, 04:01 AM
    Look to see if there is a mechanical vent under the sink (they usually have threads and can be unscrewed). If there is a mechanical vent it is probably detective and can be unscrewed and replaced.

Mark
    Questionair Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Oct 8, 2015, 07:33 AM
    If all those cleaning products did not help then your only solution is to got hrough an expert. Since there are four other businesses sharing this common problem, you should all chip in and resolve it immediately. I doubt any customers are happy to smell that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use vinegar and backing soda in a basement shower [ 2 Answers ]

Sewer water backs up in basement shower

Baking soda + Vinegar question [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I've been searching on web on how to lighten skin colour. Is baking soda with vinegar works great to lighten underarm?some said yes, some said it gets the underarm more darker as it burns the skin.. Thank you...

Could putting baking soda, vinegar and hot water cause a pipe to burst? [ 3 Answers ]

Could putting baking soda, vinegar and hot water cause a pipe to burst, or using the bathtub about a half hour later?

How do I get the smell of vinegar out of my Car? [ 4 Answers ]

I had my car detailed 4 weeks ago because it smelled like spoiled milk. My son's sippy cup had leaked into the carpet of the car and it smelled so the car wash said they could get it out. When I picked up the car it had a very distinct smell and the car wash people said that would go away in a...

Sweating smell like vinegar [ 1 Answers ]

I sweat a lot and it sometimes smells like vinegar what is causing this I also can sweat even if it is cold outside what is this

View more questions Search