Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Oct 6, 2015, 04:02 PM
    Chainsaw mack 1516 won't start
    I bought a mack 3516 chainsaw at the yard sale, it started right up and ran for 15 seconds or so, took it home started up and ran a few seconds and stopped, never started again, I noticed no gas in the bubble, took the top off and seen the gas hoses were rotted and leaking bad, I put on new hoses, they are hooked up right , and a new plug, the plugs fires cause I junped it out the plug hole and so the new plug is fireing, it won't even pop or try to start with starting fulid, so what the heck is wrong?
    The on/off switch is OK, or the plug would have not fired, took off the carb off a few times , just looking at things, it all looks OK, maybe I overlooked something? Please help if you can, thanks, richard
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 6, 2015, 04:19 PM
    Chances are pretty good that when the fuel lines deteriorate bits of the tubing were pulled into the carb when you pump the bubble. I would take the carb apart and do a rebuild.
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Oct 6, 2015, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Chances are pretty good that when the fuel lines deteriorate bits of the tubing were pulled into the carb when you pump the bubble. I would take the carb apart and do a rebuild.
    Will try. Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard to start and pull craftsman chainsaw [ 1 Answers ]

Craftsman chainsaw used twice been in storage for 7 years went to use and pulling to start is difficult sometimes stopping in mid pull very hard on hands

Stihl Chainsaw MS-250 Pull-Start issue [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a 48cc Stihl chainsaw ms-250. The pull start on it is really hard to pull and it can't start it. It worked fine 2 weeks ago but my grandpa fidled with it (alzeimers) and now it won't work. I can make it turn but it is super hard to do. Yet I can't make it turn fast enough to start. I...

Pull cord on chainsaw won't recoil [ 3 Answers ]

I was reinstalling the pull cord on the chainsaw because it broke.. when putting the pull chain and assembly back on the saw the cord will not recoil back when pulling it out. I see there is a coil underneath the assembly but how do you reset it so that it works right? Advise - thanks - Phil

Can't start my Poulan chainsaw. Start rope too hard to pull. [ 1 Answers ]

Can't start my chainsaw because the start rope is too hard to pull out. Pulling the rope causes a jerky action.

My chainsaw won't idle. [ 1 Answers ]

My Craftsman's chainsaw starts but idles at high RPM's and won't idle down. Could this be caused by excessive varnish in the carburetor? Thank you LindsayMowerRepair

View more questions Search