Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jhorts918 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2015, 02:53 PM
    Goodman Furnace Question
    I have a brand new Goodman high efficiency furnace. We just turned on this past weekend for the first time (besides testing during home inspection.) If I set the temperature to 72 degrees (and it is 68 in the house) - as it climbs to 72, it will run for 9 minutes and 20 seconds. The fan then stops (and I assume burner stops as well) for 50 seconds. All then comes back on for another 9 minutes and 20 seconds - then off for 50 seconds. Is this normal?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2015, 12:48 PM
    Since this is a brand new unit, contact the installer.
    Questionair Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Oct 8, 2015, 08:20 AM
    I think that your furnace is fine, and that the installer installed a burner regulator among other heating system components to make sure that your system is run properly. The furnace is probably turning off because it is not necessary to run for those 9 and half minutes, and it is saving you energy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GMH8 goodman furnace won't stay lit. The furnace lights for about 2 seconds [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Goodman Furnace GMH8 that is 4 years old and has been working fine but today it will not stay lit. The furnace lights for about 2 seconds and then goes out. The blower comes on and will continue to run as the furnace lights and then goes out several times before shutting off.

Goodman furnace with 3 blinking lights and furnace has flame roll back [ 7 Answers ]

I have a GMNT-080-4B Some times I get a 3 blink light issue and then when it starts it has a flame roll back. Also I have to change the ignitor every year. Any help would be great

My Goodman GMP050 furnace's igniter won't shut off after the furnace cycles. Why? [ 0 Answers ]

On my 15 yr old Goodman GMP050, the preigniter stays hot orange even after the furnace cycles properly. I've sanded the flame sensor and the igniter but it still stays on till I shut off the electricity at the furnace. Any thoughts? It's COOOOOOLLLLLLDDDDDDDDD!

Goodman furnace GMNT080-4 furnace runs good for a while then has to be manually reset [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMNT080-4 (90%). I'm having the same problem As Streatherg did back in the Nov 2006 question. I reviewed his article and tried Every thing on there but seems to be doing the same thing. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw...

Goodman furnace question [ 3 Answers ]

Brand new Goodman forced air furnace. When the thermostat drops below the temperature setting, the furnace tries to turn on... I hear a lot of clicking, for up to 5 minutes stratight sometimes, until finally I think I hear the flame come on and the unti starts up and heat follows shortly...

View more questions Search