Ask
    Juanitab Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2015, 02:04 AM
    How to fill pressure tank the first time
    How do I get my pressure bladder tank to fill up the first time

Oct 6, 2015, 02:07 AM
    How to fill water well pressure tank the first time
    I just installed a new pressure bladder tank on my water well, it is not filling up how do I get it to completely fill up
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 6, 2015, 04:18 AM
    Check your air pre-charge pressure. It should be 2 lbs. less than your pump cut on pressure when the tank is empty. Open a faucet and turn the power on to the pump.

it is not filling up how do I get it to completely fill up
    Note: When properly installed a bladder tank will only fill to approximately 1/3 its total volume.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2015, 07:32 AM
    Might add that when you first install a bladder tank, there is air above the bladder (normal) and air below the bladder (not normal). Given several weeks, the air below the bladder is absorbed by the water and then the tank fills properly. You are probably noticing that the tank feels unexpectedly "light". That will resolve itself over time.

Oct 6, 2015, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Might add that when you first install a bladder tank, there is air above the bladder (normal) and air below the bladder (not normal). Given several weeks, the air below the bladder is absorbed by the water and then the tank fills properly. You are probably noticing that the tank feels unexpectedly "light". That will resolve itself over time.

Have another question. The pump and tank on up a hill from our house, when I turn on a faucet at the bottom out side it causes the pump to stop pumping water. I have to turn off everything and let the pump refill the 52 gal tank. What to do to fix this? And it takes 5-6 minutes to recycle, is that normal or not?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2015, 06:49 PM
    If you turn on a faucet in the house, does the water flow at an acceptable rate for, say, 15 minutes, or does the flow gradually slow down to more like a trickle?

What is the make of your tank? Flotec, perhaps? At 52 gallons, your tank should be able to deliver 8 or 9 gallons of water before the pump has to cut back on. Can it do that?

Oct 8, 2015, 05:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    If you turn on a faucet in the house, does the water flow at an acceptable rate for, say, 15 minutes, or does the flow gradually slow down to more like a trickle?

What is the make of your tank? Flotec, perhaps? At 52 gallons, your tank should be able to deliver 8 or 9 gallons of water before the pump has to cut back on. Can it do that?
    It is a Utilitech brand
    When it stops pumping by turning on the faucet at the lowest point, and after I get it back up to pressure by turning off everything and I do not turn on that faucet out side at the bottom of the hill, so far, 2 days, it seems to be working fine. Yes it does put out at least 9 gpm, maybe more now that I have gotten the above problem figured, just do not understand why that one faucet, which is at the very lowest point of the hill would cause it to stop working. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure tank will not fill with water [ 7 Answers ]

Brand new pump and new pressure tank have put in new line water seems to Be going but tank is not filling -- pump is continually running not sure what The problem is! HELP!

How quickly should my well pump fill my pressure tank? [ 20 Answers ]

Hello, New member looking for some advice. I recently bought my first home, and today I opened my swimming pool for the first time. I was thinking about filling the pool with my well water, which would require my well pump to run 24/7 for at least a few days I would think (pretty big pool)......

Why don't my pressure tank fill with water? [ 3 Answers ]

I installed new 20 gallon pressure tank today , along with a pressure switch and pressure gauge. I have a one and a half hp. Above ground pump.Now the problem is that the tank will not fill up with water.I installed a tap off the tee and water comes out of that, but it will not go in the tank. Did...

New water pressure tank will not fill [ 2 Answers ]

At a summer camp, for large group of kids. Pressure not getting to the farther out reaches. Original plumbing has 2 pumps, pressure tank, up to two contact tanks, 5,000 gals. Each, then up to a 20,000 gal. holding/contact tank, then to another pressure tank. New pressure tank was installed but...

New Pressure tank won't fill up [ 12 Answers ]

Installed a new 35 Gallon Precharged Pressure tank. Filled the first couple of times with water. Now it won't fill. It's empty. Water not getting into pressure tank. Never had a problem doing this before. Any ideas?

View more questions Search