Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Oct 6, 2015, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by misspurple77 View Post
    Precious7 I responded to this part of one of your previous answers:

You assumed that I read the Bible with bias, but I really didn't, I read it when I was still a Christian. I remember talking with my father about it, who died as a Christian years later and he even said that there are a lot of cruel barbaric things in the Bible. You say ignorance leads to destruction, but there is no ignorance here. I used to believe the same way as Wondergirl does: those cruel barbaric rules, were for cruel barbaric times. But now I say, God created those cruel barbaric times, if he is all powerful that is his choice. And if he would exist, I would resent him for that. I would resent him for creating homosexuals and then allow people to call them an abomination, for creating shrimps and shellfish, but then allowing people to kill each other for eating them, for allowing forcing the victims of rape to marry their rapist, and in my own life, for creating me as an autistic person and then giving me parents that were so selfish, that they couldn't handle it at all and were really awful parents to me!

I lost my faith when I was 36 years old, a mature adult and since then, everything that I discovered and that happened to me, only confirmed it. I got my autism diagnosis when I was already an atheist, but it was only an confirmation, that if there is a God out there, he is a cruel creator, for creating me like this and then putting me in a cruel world like this, that is especially cruel on autistic people. That is why I emphatise with the LGBT so much, just like I can't help being autistic, they can't help being LGBT.

Mpp77, God did not make Bruce Jenner a women, god did not make Gay, Most important here is He has not created You autistic, but I am so sorry! :(. He has not put you in a family. It was your family decision to behave like that. That's a lie Mp77. I also had bad experience with my fam, but I know its not god who told them to do like this me. It was my family's own decision, unknowingly, In someplace they were needed to get educated about that particular matter or sometimes it was just how they were raised by their own parents, so they learned it and treated me that way. Peace. :)
    Okey,
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 6, 2015, 06:02 PM
    At this point MP77 I have to ask :

1 - What proof do you desire that would satisfy you that there is a god?

2 - What expectations do you have of the god that you imagine to be ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 6, 2015, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by misspurple77 View Post
    Precious7 I responded to this part of one of your previous answers:

You assumed that I read the Bible with bias, but I really didn't, I read it when I was still a Christian. I remember talking with my father about it, who died as a Christian years later and he even said that there are a lot of cruel barbaric things in the Bible. You say ignorance leads to destruction, but there is no ignorance here. I used to believe the same way as Wondergirl does: those cruel barbaric rules, were for cruel barbaric times. But now I say, God created those cruel barbaric times, if he is all powerful that is his choice. And if he would exist, I would resent him for that. I would resent him for creating homosexuals and then allow people to call them an abomination, for creating shrimps and shellfish, but then allowing people to kill each other for eating them, for allowing forcing the victims of rape to marry their rapist, and in my own life, for creating me as an autistic person and then giving me parents that were so selfish, that they couldn't handle it at all and were really awful parents to me!

I lost my faith when I was 36 years old, a mature adult and since then, everything that I discovered and that happened to me, only confirmed it. I got my autism diagnosis when I was already an atheist, but it was only an confirmation, that if there is a God out there, he is a cruel creator, for creating me like this and then putting me in a cruel world like this, that is especially cruel on autistic people. That is why I emphatise with the LGBT so much, just like I can't help being autistic, they can't help being LGBT.
    The issue is, that most people miss the most important issue, God created the earth and people perfect. That was Eden (or what ever the name you may use). At that time, there was no illness, no sickness, nothing. We have no idea how many years, or centuries, this perfect world happened. But it did not last because God gave free will to people. The Bible is clear, that God will come again, to bring his people back to him, but for now, Earth is under the control of Satan, (the devil or again what ever you wish to call him) Christians are as said, a stranger in a strange land. As was the Hebrew nation of the OT. Jesus came and lived in a almost Godless society. He knew that people were sinners and that most would never accept him.

Man's evil has allowed all of the sin, all of the illness and all of the pain, to happen in the world.

The Muslims, as mentioned in a few of the others post, are actually the closest to the Christian religion, than almost any of the others, because they accept and teach Jesus virgin birth, and even accept Jesus as a great prophet. (just not the son of God) And they accept the first part of what we call the bible.

So God watches, and intervenes at times, why he does not always ? The bible shows he does not, always when we want, That is why the Hebrew nation was slaves for so long and why there is such suffering.

God also does not promise riches and great life to Christians, in fact he says there may be suffering, pain and death. None of his 12, retired rich to a ocean villa, but most suffered a painful death.

The issue is, why does anyone think, or believe we were ever suppose to be one large happy family.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2015, 07:26 PM
    Simple answer: fear.

Oct 7, 2015, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
    Simple answer: fear.
    Can you elaborate! Sorry! I didn't get it! :(
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2015, 03:07 PM
    Being the three largest Genocides ever recorded where committed by atheists, Stain, Mao and Pol Pot... that's proof that religion isn't a threat... its people that are the threat.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2015, 03:49 PM
    @Palmer... have you given thought to use your experiences to help others who might have gone through, or who are currently going through, the same type of situations?

You ask why did you have to have those experiences, perhaps you haven't found the reason yet... you may not come to an understanding in your lifetime, but perhaps you will for some. It is often the difficult, tragic times that prove to be the catalyst for great compassion and humanitarian efforts.

Oct 7, 2015, 05:14 PM
    Palmer Eldritch!
    We want to hear from you also! Did you get the answer what you are looking for?
    Questionair Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Oct 8, 2015, 08:03 AM
    Religion was originally a way to unite people, through hard times. Today it is portrayed differently due to the mass population of each religion's believers and their undying need to prove their religion is superior. All it really takes in this life is to understand that religion is a name for good habits and moral guidelines set up by our ancestors.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 8, 2015, 11:39 AM
    Religion exists to serve two purposes. The first is to explain things that cannot be proven via science. The second is to get people to follow a morality in a social world.

The thing is more people have been harmed for the sake of religion, then almost any other cause (see the Crusades, the Inquisition, Jihads, and many more).
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 9, 2015, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Precious7 View Post
    Mpp77, God did not make Bruce Jenner a women, god did not make Gay, Most important here is He has not created You autistic, but I am so sorry! :(. He has not put you in a family. It was your family decision to behave like that. That's a lie Mp77. I also had bad experience with my fam, but I know its not god who told them to do like this me. It was my family's own decision, unknowingly, In someplace they were needed to get educated about that particular matter or sometimes it was just how they were raised by their own parents, so they learned it and treated me that way. Peace. :)
    Okey,
    Are you saying that gay people have a choice, to be gay or straight? Are you saying that those that feel they were born in the wrong body, the wrong sex, are wrong? Do you know their struggle? Do you think they live their lives that way because it's easy, or to get attention? If so, you are very misinformed.

I do agree that people behave the way they want to, and if parents aren't good parents, that's their choice. But to say that God didn't create gay people, is ignorant, and insulting. If God created everyone, than he created gays, he created transgender, he created those that abuse, he created everyone, even those you don't like and don't agree with. You can't only credit him with what you consider to be good.

You're picking and choosing, after telling us not to pick through the bible, you pick through humanity and choose what you like and don't like, what you accept and don't accept. That's not what God is about!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Religion exists to serve two purposes. The first is to explain things that cannot be proven via science. The second is to get people to follow a morality in a social world.

The thing is more people have been harmed for the sake of religion, then almost any other cause (see the Crusades, the Inquisition, Jihads, and many more).
    Amen!

Oct 9, 2015, 10:28 PM
    Don't get me wrong I don't Hate Gay or Trans or anyone. I respect them as a person but it doesn't mean I have to say ''yes and amen'' to all the things they do!!
    Are you saying that gay people have a choice, to be gay or straight? Are you saying that those that feel they were born in the wrong body, the wrong sex, are wrong? Do you know their struggle? Do you think they live their lives that way because it's easy, or to get attention? If so, you are very misinformed.
    Everything with those '''question marks''! You are saying it, I am not the one who said it! You are the one who are just assuming that I am saying like that! I am not saying how they feel, I am not saying that it is what Gay people are doing, they are just for attention etc etc. Nope!!
    But I know that God did not told them to do this or ''made'' them or initiated any ''feeling like women" thing inside them. For example, I don't think so that God 'Made' Catylin Jenner and put her in the body of a Male Bruce Jenner! But it doesn't mean that I hate these gay people, I too have friend who are trans and Gay. If I don't accept their Ideas it doesn't mean I don't accept them generally as a person. Anyhow, this THREAD is NOT about LGBT people so I don't want to comment anymore.

But to say that God didn't create gay people, is ignorant, and insulting
    This is more insulting to God saying that God is the one who made gay and Trans. If you say you believe in God and say this thing then you are ignorant not me!
    Do you think this that the Characteristic of GOD? That he talks about the abomination of 'man sleeping with man' But secretly somewhere he is manufacturing the Man and he puts the desire of sleeping with man?
    I am sure God created every single Human being but It is the same 'choice of people', if people wants to behave out of over emotion, or their own will and way. Just like how people choose religion and also chose to satisfy their own ''agenda'' out of it, by destroying their own fellow human being.

You can't only credit him with what you consider to be good.
    Actually I can do it. That's the right thing to do. Its not like.. Ohh! I should also give all the credits for all the bad stuff happen to me in my life to God only. I can Credit Him for the good things. And the bad things which happened, I know that happened because It was me who reacted out of emotion or it was the consequences of my decision and disobedience.
    I think You really have a bad Impression of God. God is out of all this ''BAD'' . He is ''Incorruptible'' Period. No man have any right to tell Him that We should also credit him for all the bad things, as we credit him for good. The people who says like this are the people, who Just say from their mouth ''that they believe in God'' but their heart is Far away.

[QUOTE][You're picking and choosing, after telling us not to pick through the bible, you pick through humanity and choose what you like and don't like, what you accept and don't accept. That's not what God is about!
    /QUOTE]
    Hello,
    First of all I didn't even talk to You 'Alty' about 'picking and Choosing' but I don't know why you took it and came after me.
    Anyway, whatever most of my words which I said, its not my words but It came from the Word of GOD itself. So I don't think so I am choosing and picking, If you say so show me where I did! I am more then happy to talk about it :)! And If you have any problem tell to God not me. God says all this in His word. I am Just repeating it. I am backing up all my saying with the word of God while Its You and Mp77 who is saying things out of Your own Likes and dislikes, out of your own feelings what you feel for LGBT or what You feel about your problems. Its not MY likes and dislikes its is Written in the word of God. But I am not, I said what's written in there!
    I also have tribulations in life but I know for sure its not God but actually it is the consequences of the things I did, or consequences of behaving actually opposite to what God told me to do.

Oct 10, 2015, 04:28 PM
    But I know that God did not told them to do this or ''made'' them or initiated any ''feeling like women" thing inside them. For example, I don't think so that God 'Made' Catylin Jenner and put her in the body of a Male Bruce Jenner!

This is more insulting to God saying that God is the one who made gay and Trans. If you say you believe in God and say this thing then you are ignorant not me!
    Really? Have you really thought this through? I gather you believe that God created humans, correct? So if God created humans, then God had to have also created the possibility and potential for humans to be homosexual or the possibility and potential for someone to feel they are the wrong gender. And this is not about just that. God must have also created the possibility and potential for people to be evil as well. And yes I understand the concept of free will. But if the possibility exists that someone can feel the urge to do evil, or attraction to someone of the same sex or fee trapped in the wrong sex, then God had to allow for it. Otherwise, you are saying that God is flawed and made and allowed mistakes.

Oct 12, 2015, 10:00 AM
    God is not flawed, but it was because of Adam, that sin entered into the Human being Life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 12, 2015, 10:22 AM
    Could man also be flawed and not understand the word?

Oct 12, 2015, 10:29 AM
    God is not flawed, but it was because of Adam, that sin entered into the Human being Life.
    So if God is not flawed, then he created sin and gave man the potential for sin. You can't have it both ways.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 12, 2015, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Could man also be flawed and not understand the word?
    Man has, often for his own benefit, mistranslated and misinterpreted and even deliberately changed God's Word.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2015, 06:59 PM
    Life style is a choice no matter what orientation you have. There are some who won't entertain the suggestion that they can choose the way they live. You can be heddenous or you can not. Self control is the question
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 14, 2015, 07:10 PM
    Lifestyle may be a choice, orientation is not.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2015, 05:47 AM
    Religion is a choice,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a hindu religion marriage can be performed without any religion conversion? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a christian girl who would like to get married to a Hindu boy. My guy is not willing to get converted to Christianity by baptism but he's ready to become a member, will that be allowed?? I would like to know if it's possible to get married in a protestant church(AG). Is there any...

Dangerous or not [ 7 Answers ]

Recently I spent the night constantly being woken up by the feeling that something was watching me. That was two nights ago. Last night (26/3/13) I was watching a movie when the TV started warping the image and sound. This has never happened before and the TV is brand new. Now this morning I have...

What are some similar in the newer religion and the older religion [ 2 Answers ]

What are some similar between the newer and older religions?

Religion or not religion. That is the big Q [ 33 Answers ]

Personally, I think an all seeing , all powerful, all knowing, invisible god of any religion has finnaly been recognised by many people for what it truly is. An invention of man with all his insecurities, the hope that his god will look after him in times of trouble. Well its time to wake up and I...

Gender equality in religion in the islamic religion [ 0 Answers ]

Is there any gender equality in the muslim religion

View more questions Search