Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyonthebeach Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2015, 10:38 PM
    Water pipes squeal
    Why do the water pipes squeal when I turn the shower water on ?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 4, 2015, 10:54 PM
    Vibrating washer.
    Questionair Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Oct 8, 2015, 09:56 AM
    It is either a leak, loose fitting, loose pipe, or the o-ring around your shower handle that is making that noise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black sediment in cold water pipes rust in hot water pipes [ 2 Answers ]

I have black sediment stuck in fixtures for all cold water pipes and rust out of the hot. Could this have to do with not changing a water filter on the main? The black sediment looks like carbon particles and I am afraid that it has effected my water heater also.

Is it safe for gas pipes to touch hot water pipes ? [ 4 Answers ]

Is it safe for gas pipes to touch hot water pipes ? New central heating installed has this situation, am slightly worried by this. David.

High pitched squeal coming from hot water tap in shower [ 1 Answers ]

Just recently a loud, high pitched squeal has started in the hot water tap of my shower. If I play around with the tap it will stop (but most of the time start again). Any idea on what the problem is and how I can fix it?

Squeal in water line [ 3 Answers ]

After installing a new dish washer last night, I noticed that there is a high pitched squeal coming from the water line when the washer is running. Can someone pleas tell me what is causing this? I suspect maybe air in the line or restricted flow.

Bathroom sink hot water makes a LOUD squeal. [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on the hot water in my bathroom sink the water starts to flow BUT as the water gets hot it starts to make this squeal and the hotter the water gets, the louder the squeal gets. MAN, it is SOOO annoying! Can someone PLEASE explain the surgery I have to perform on the hot water knob to...

View more questions Search