Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pdrunk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2015, 06:35 PM
    Toilet ring under rim & stopping up toilet
    So...
    I've got a stubborn stain along the inside of the top rim of the toilet. I have used Super Iron Out to get at it which would work fine, but I can't keep the water up to the rim for the whole 15 minutes. In fact, all of it goes down the drain. I tried stopping it up with a towel and a 4 or 5" flat stopper but the toilet drain is an odd shape. I've tried stuffing a plastic bag full of a pebbles into it even and still the water drains. How can I keep the water level up for the full 15 minutes. I have a picture of the toilet drain, but I don't have a site that I can host it from, so if you are seriously going to help me, I can send you the pic It's kind of oval shaped. Any way, any help will do. Thanks.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 3, 2015, 07:28 PM
    Have you tried using a toilet plunger. That is the one with the extra piece on the bottom that looks like an inverse cup. Also if your looking for a site to post a picture to you can post here or use a free site like picpaste.com and post the link here in the thread.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 3, 2015, 08:01 PM
    Try this.
    Turn off water supply.
    Flush, plunge and dip out all water from bowl.
    Stuff heavy duty trash bag about 1 foot down discharge drain.
    Fill trash bag with water until it blocks discharge.
    Tie and seal trash bag.
    Then fill bowl to rim.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 4, 2015, 03:17 PM
    Try "Cherny" elongated test plug. Just select the right size, insert it in, pump it up with bicycle pump - and it will hold water for as long as you need

Milo
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet bubble & bathtub drain gurgles [ 1 Answers ]

I read a post dated 6-21-08 where speedball1 answered the same questions I had, I found his information helpful. But I need to know what to do about the problem. Every time I use my washing machine, my toilet bubbles and/or my bathtub gurgles. I'm noticing now, even when I run water down my...

I purchased a glacier bay toilet,toilet seat keeps coming off & now it's broken [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a glacier bay toilet from home depot, they seat kept coming off and we kept reattaching it, but now it is totally broken and can't be reattached. Any idea how to contact glacier bay to figure a way to fix this problem with the toilet seat? Patti

Cast iron leaking under toilet & other toilet won't flush [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed my kitchen sink stopped up. Checked both downstairs toilets, one drained fine other didn't. Grabbed the plunger. Plunged the toilet @ North end of house & no results, went to toilet on South end of house no result. Went back to sink, filled up with water & then plunged it. Water went...

Leaky Toilet Caulking & Wax Ring [ 4 Answers ]

Our toilet caulking keeps pulling away from the toilet with wax spreading next to the caulking. The toilet has been reset with a new ring, but it has happened again. Any ideas why?

Cracked toilet bowl & low water level in toilet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, So I've got two questions regarding two toilets and would appreciate any and all help as I can't afford someone to come in at this point to fix it for me. 1. I managed to drop a crystal (decoration) ball into the toilet which cracked the bowl so a chunk of the porcelain just fell...

View more questions Search