Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MyStaticNoise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2015, 11:49 AM
    Static like sound in my bedroom wall
    We hear this very faint noise, sounds static like or if a small wire were being scratched against something. It is at least 1 foot above a horizontal line where the outlets are and about 4ft away from the nearest outlet so we don't think it is electrical. There is nothing on the other side of the wall just the vaulted ceiling from below. The house is 23 years old so not much settling going on at this point. Not sure if it could be termites, we live in Colorado. Any thoughts?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 3, 2015, 03:29 PM
    Are any of the outlets in use when you hear this sound?
    If not, does using any of the outlets stop or change the sound?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dripping sound in bedroom wall [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've checked several forums but could not find a situation like this one so I am posting this message. I hear a dripping noise in the bedroom wall when quiet especially in the night when trying to sleep, its annoying. It is a room away from the bathroom and turning on any taps or such...

RCA TV Static Instead of Sound [ 1 Answers ]

Help! Does anyone know why I get static instead of sound could go out on our RCA TV? (We normally have our stereo hooked up for increased volume. We get the static through the stereo and the same when it's disconnected with just the TV speakers.) Can anyone advise how to fix this? (The TV...

I have a humming sound coming from an inner wall separating the bedroom from the bath [ 1 Answers ]

I have a humming sound that comes from an inside wall separating my bathroom from the living room. You can only hear it on the bathroom side. Is this dangerous? What could it be?

Static sound through TV [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 12 yr old RCA TV/VHS combo unit. I have a cable box and a DVD player connected to it. When I watch TV through the cable box or play a VHS tape I have no problem hearing through the internal speakers ( I have no external speakers hooked up). When I turn on the DVD player and switch the...

Static sound through TV [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! We have a fairly old TV (brand name Classic?) that was bought overseas. We just recently moved and now we are hearing a fairly faint (but very annoying) static sound. We hear the sound when using the television speakers, as well as when using external speakers. When we play a DVD using...

View more questions Search