Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnk57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2015, 07:24 PM
    Pole heights for pole barn corners
    I am going to put up a 48' wide by 24' deep pole barn, open faced for my tractor and attachments. How do I determine the length opf 6x6 posts for the 4 outside corners so that I have 8 " at the rear of the building? I am putting them in concrete 3' deep and at the back 24' away I want the lowest point to be ballpark 8' high to also maintain my 6/12 pitch?

Am thinking somewhere around 20' for the front poles and maybe 12' for the rear??
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2015, 04:05 PM
    To maintain a 6 /12 pitch on the size building you plan on the front posts must be 12 feet longer then the rear. To have a rear height of 8 feet rear the post should be 8feet less the height of the girder plus 2 inches.

This will give you approximately 8 feet at the rear .

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I lift or raise a pole that has settled or sunk in an existing pole barn? [ 4 Answers ]

My 25 year old pole barn has a couple of poles that have sunk six to eight inches and I want to jack them up in place. Is there a jack designed for this purpose or a suggested method?

Pole barn and garage [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting a modular home in jan and it has 200 amp breaker box my question is Can I run 100 amp service to the garage and 100 amp service to the pole barn out of that breaker box on two different 100 amp breakers or do I need to come right off the meter. There is plenty of room on that box as...

Romex in a pole barn [ 1 Answers ]

Is it OK to run all of my nm cables (homeruns) through a large condiut to the panel rather than individual sleeves for each circuit? In a Pole Barn. No animals

Pole Barn Foundation [ 4 Answers ]

I have had a 40' x 60' pole parn with 6"x6" treadted poles. I am planning on pouring a concrete slab. I live in South Alabama where freezing is short lived and rarely below 26 if then. People do not usually use rock under the slab here. I was wondering how much footing if any I need between the...

Electric in new pole barn? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, We have just built a new pole barn and would like to add electric in the pole barn. We will be upgrading our current 200 amp service to a 320 amp service and would like to put a 100 amp breaker box in the pole barn. The meter base is 140' from the new pole barn. Can we bury URD wire,...

View more questions Search