Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alex Kaaihue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2015, 09:26 AM
    Sewer and water
    Who can I get to install lines for my mom's manufactured home. We need sewer and water
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2015, 09:58 AM
    How far do they have to be run.. are hookups already in place with the Municipal authority, are they already in place near where the house placed? If there are no pre-existing ones... you will have more than one group involved. IN any case the Municipality will still be involved even if that only means installing a Water meter and activating service.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2015, 11:18 AM
    The local governing body where you plan to place the home will discuss this with you. You may not have city water or sewer and need a well and septic, either or both will need a permit. HAs no one thought of this before buying the home?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 30, 2015, 12:26 PM
    Yeah, you need to place a call to the local authority on this (health department, building department, etc.). Most towns/cities have a list of contractors that are bonded and insured that they have approved to work in their area. Start there...

Mark
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 2, 2015, 10:21 AM
    Is that house sitting on a legal lot ? If so, all services should be on the property line. Then, you call local plumber to extend it, and connect it, with the house.

Go to your local Building Department and find out location of your sewer. Water meter should be visible. It usually has a cover someplace along side property line.

Hope that helps

Milo
    Questionair Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Oct 8, 2015, 10:10 AM
    Follow protocol and speak to city officials before taking any steps. Once you are given directions and told you can proceed, you will be notified of who to call.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ground water or sewer [ 3 Answers ]

I dug a hole for a sump 12" from our main sewer line which is cast iron. The whole is 24" from the exterior foundation wall. We often get water on the cellar floor this time of year. When digging about 4" down I got seeping water. It was odorless. Over 24 hrs we got 5" of water in the sump I...

Why does the water from every faucet smell like sewer? [ 1 Answers ]

We have well water and have a septic tank. The other day, all of the water, from every faucet started smelling like sewer. We use Ridex once a month to help break down the sewage. We have the Environmental Agency coming out to test the water but they will not be here until next Monday or...

Sewer gas escaping from basement floor drain. (trap has water water in it). [ 5 Answers ]

I have large amounts of sewer gas escaping from basement floor drain. The trap has water in it. I have flushed it out for 5 minutes with a hose ( while this is happening a large amount of gas escapes) after 2 days the gas is escaping again(from the trap) and the water in the trap looks nasty...

Sewer Water Smell [ 6 Answers ]

We recently had a pipe burst in our bathroom. The plumber ripped up part of the floor, fixed the pipes . The smell was pure sewer gas, we had to vacate the home. They brought in bigt oz machines, etc that smelled just as bad... smell still remains... we have now been in a hotel for two weeks, when...

Sewer smell in Water [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out what might be going on with my plumbing or what in the world might be causing this smell. I'll be as descriptive as I can. A couple months ago I purchased my home. It was built in 1975 and I am the third owner. Originally the garage...

View more questions Search