Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thinkaboutit Posts: 270, Reputation: 5

Sep 24, 2015, 06:10 AM
    Clearing Mind
    Just looking for some ideas suggestions for helping clear me mind when I find me self thinking of stuff that I don't want to. I've tries some breathing exercises but that only works for a little.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 24, 2015, 09:13 AM
    When you are thinks about something you shouldn't do, consider how your father will react and what your punishment would be. Is it worth it? No, it's not.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 24, 2015, 09:16 AM
    What "stuff"? About yourself, like self harming? About doing stuff you know you shouldn't? About stuff against other people? ADDED NeedKarma is correct. Exercise/sports would be excellent!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2015, 09:18 AM
    Take up running or cycling or any cardio sport. Ease into it slowly. You'll find the benefits are plenty.

Sep 24, 2015, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Take up running or cycling or any cardio sport. Ease into it slowly. You'll find the benefits are plenty.
    Thanks that's sounds like a good idea I'd love to try running.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What "stuff"? About yourself, like self harming? About doing stuff you know you shouldn't? About stuff against other people? ADDED NeedKarma is correct. Exercise/sports would be excellent!
    No nothing like that just things that I don't want to think about but can't seem to help it some times hard to explain. Just want to be able to clear me head

Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    When you are thinks about something you shouldn't do, consider how your father will react and what your punishment would be. Is it worth it? No, it's not.
    Yeah I will remember that I've certainly had enough punishment for reference. You'd think it would be easy for me to remember that's me problem not thinking when it comes to making right choices.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 24, 2015, 10:31 AM
    Don't push it away. IT will come back stronger. Experience and think the thought you don't want to. Once you have, dissect why you thought that thought and why you don't want to think it. I often get my brain showing me the, "Hey remember that one time, back when you were trying to do that. You looked so dumb. Everyone thought you were an idiot.", routine. For the longest time I would push it away and away. They kept coming back. When I saw a therapist I was told that I should keep a journal and write down what the thought was. The important part of it was that I needed to accept and realize that the thought was fine and I did the best I could in that situation and everything turned out good. It basically took the wind out of the sails for it.

My friend had a novel way of distracting himself. He would go through all his senses and identify five unique experiences with each. Ie, I smell strawberries, I smell exhaust, I smell boogers... etc. That usually gets him out of whatever has gotten his attention.

Find what works for you.

Sep 24, 2015, 10:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    Don't push it away. IT will come back stronger. Experience and think the thought you don't want to. Once you have, dissect why you thought that thought and why you don't want to think it. I often get my brain showing me the, "Hey remember that one time, back when you were trying to do that. You looked so dumb. Everyone thought you were an idiot.", routine. For the longest time I would push it away and away. They kept coming back. When I saw a therapist I was told that I should keep a journal and write down what the thought was. The important part of it was that I needed to accept and realize that the thought was fine and I did the best I could in that situation and everything turned out good. It basically took the wind out of the sails for it.

My friend had a novel way of distracting himself. He would go through all his senses and identify five unique experiences with each. Ie, I smell strawberries, I smell exhaust, I smell boogers... etc. That usually gets him out of whatever has gotten his attention.

Find what works for you.
    Thanks for the advic. Like the suggestions will give them try your friends idea sounds interesting distracting me self seems like the easiest way to try thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AR Clearing Account [ 1 Answers ]

I have an employee who pays for their employee purchases via payroll. When I enter the JE's for the payroll, it seems as though I need to credit accounts receivable however we do not make JE's to that account. I can issue a credit to the invoice however then my payroll JE's will be off. How did...

Check clearing [ 1 Answers ]

I won a lawsuit of 9.5 million. Its going through farmers state bank. I put it in the bank last Friday nov. 22. How many days will it take to clear? Regular days or business days? Do Saturdays count as a business day?

Clearing the way for an aoption [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is {personal info removed} and have a question concerning my sons biological father signing his parental rights away. Am not sure how I am to go about doing this so was wondering if you had any advice on were to start. To fill you in a little bit I am engaged and planning a wedding...

Clearing immigration [ 2 Answers ]

I asked a previous question in regards to clearing immigration in UK with a US bench warrant. I did not get solid answer. My friend cleared immigration in the caribbean without any thing coming up so do any of you think he will be able to make it to the UK.

Clearing old data [ 4 Answers ]

When filling out forms for contests etc. My PC recalls previously entered email addresses when clicking in the email field. Is there a way to remove old or inaccurate email entries that drop down in the field. Xp home

View more questions Search