Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aphroditi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2015, 05:18 PM
    No flow on new fixtures
    No water flow/pressure after installing new fixtures.

My husband shut off the water supply to the house and installed a new sink and toilet in one of the bathrooms, and 2 sinks in a double vanity in the other bathroom. This is a single level home. The water was left off for 7 months in the bathroom with the new toilet and in the double vanity bathroom, as the house was vacant.

When he turned the water valves back on, there is no hot water flowing to any of the sinks and no water flowing at all into the new toilet. The bathroom with the new toilet also has very little cold water from the sink faucet. He has double and triple checked to make sure all valves are open and says they are.

Everything was working perfectly before the water was turned off. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 24, 2015, 09:33 AM
    I think he missed one valve somewhere. You have hot and cold water everywhere else, right?
    Aphroditi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2015, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    I think he missed one valve somewhere. You have hot and cold water everywhere else, right?
    There is a bit of hot water in the kitchen sink but very low pressure for that. The cold water in the kitchen sink works fine.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 25, 2015, 10:37 AM
    I think you have debris in your valves and/or aerators. That can happen when you shut off you water. Try putting a garden hose on the hot water drain valve, open the valve once you direct the hose into a safe drain arena, how was the volume?
    Questionair Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Oct 8, 2015, 10:18 AM
    Exactly either build up or he missed a valve somewhere. Most likely a missed valve I presume.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water flow to multiple fixtures [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a home built in the 1950's. I'm having issues with water flow, if using the shower and the sink is turned on or the toilet flushed, I lose almost all pressure. The pipes are copper, but I've noticed that it appears to be 1 main supply to that bathroom. I think that is part of the...

How to convert low flow kitchen faucet to regular flow? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently had a new kitchen faucet installed. It is a pullout model made by Kohler. I unscrewed the spray spout from the hose and turned on the water. The flow was great and full force, so I know the restricter is in the spray spout, but I didn't see anything in the handle that I could remove...

At start cold air comes out at a good flow ,as the day progresses the flow weakens [ 6 Answers ]

Central air. At start up the air appears to be functioning well. As the day progresses the air flow from the vents weaken ,unit continues to run unable to cool to set temp.

LDR industries low flow convert to higher flow? [ 2 Answers ]

Can I convert a low flow valve to a higher flow to fill the large jet tub faster than 20 minutes?

How to increase water flow when multiple fixtures running? [ 7 Answers ]

Dear Ask Me, I want to increase water flow when multiple fixtures are running. We have a 2900 sq foot two level L-shaped rancher built in 1963 in Atlanta. For our family of four, the water pressure is fine. When someone is taking a shower there is a noticeable drop in pressure and volume when...

View more questions Search