Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thinkaboutit Posts: 270, Reputation: 5

Sep 21, 2015, 05:10 AM
    I don't see how trying to explain what happened is being disrespectful to me da. I just don't understand adults. I don't want to try and talk my way out of trouble with me da I know I'm screwed I just want him to know and believe me that I didn't start the fight. Don't suppose he will even care anyway he must still be pretty mad he's rang me like 23 times I'm to scared to answer. It really doesn't matter what I do now I've lost any trust he gave me now. It all
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2015, 05:21 AM
    You don't see it because you are not an adult yet. And you do not think as an adult thinks yet.

You know what... he's getting upset... he still cares... for now. Keep it up and you are going to find yourself thrown OUT of the house and being told to fend for yourself.

You really do deserve whatever happens to you at this point... because you are defiant, and refuse to respect authority...

You really deserve no trust acting like you are now. You have shown you are not worthy of being trusted.

Maybe you really do deserve to be in Jail... seriously... you aren't listening to anyone, and insist on doing whatever you want.. and refuse to accept responsibility.

In the civilized world.. there is no place for this behavior. Your life is what you make it. And until you understand you have to follow rules... and listen to your elders and your superiors you are going to have serious problems. And continue like this you WILL end up in jail or worse. I have the distinct impression you really don't care.. as long as you get to do what you want. Also I hate to tell you... in jail you get to do almost NOTHING you want... they tell you when to sleep, when to wake up... when to use the bathroom, when to eat... everything.

Think its bad now?. just wait.

Sorry.. until you do exactly what you are supposed to do... answer him go home and take your punishment... I really have no sympathy for you. This mess is completely your own doing.

Sep 21, 2015, 05:40 AM
    I'm not asking for sympathy, I have no need for it just wanted to know what I should do. Answer the phone go home and get punished don't talk keep me mouth shut. Is that right. I'm just finding it hard I'm trying to see it from an adult point of view I suppose jumping out of the car was stupid not going home was a bad choice know I deserve to be punished for that. Suppose he would have been mad getting called at work to come get me for fighting. This is messed up I'm messed up. I really have been trying so hard to just be some sort of normal for me da haven't been in any trouble I didn't even start this crap but another lesson I suppose.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2015, 05:53 AM
    Ok... this is what you should do... Call him up... or at least answer his call... Go home.. accept whatever punishment you get... because you do deserve it... you made a bad situation significantly worse.

Here is the key thing Adults see. Accepting responsibility for your own actions. Basically, I did this, I made the choice... even if it was the wrong decision, and I will accept the result of it, good or bad. What happened has happened and no amount of explaining will change it. If its bad.. I do not repeat it.

An adult will make a mistake, we aren't perfect. A smart adult learns from the mistake and doesn't keep repeating it over and over.

A child thinks talking will change what has already happened... an adult understands the past can not be changed... only the future. And the future depends on making the right decisions.. all the time. Wrong decisions change not only NOW.. but they change what your chances in the future are. THAT is why doing the right thing.. every time is so important.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 21, 2015, 05:53 AM
    What should you do? That's what you want to know right?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2015, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinkaboutit View Post
    You just don't understand
    And at your age, you are no doubt always right but after reading all your posts YOU have a lot to learn and with that attitude a hard life ahead. Life can be difficult, why make it harder?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2015, 09:25 AM
    I hope by now you're back home. Let your dad vent. Don't interrupt him with explanations. You know you were wrong to fight back. (Did the other girls get suspended?) Keep us informed. We do want your life to improve, but you know you have to push down and conquer these defensive impulses that get you into trouble.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Sep 21, 2015, 11:32 AM
    THINKABOUTIT,

I hope you are at home safely, if you are not, please be home ASAP. Even though your it seems your dad will be angry, but still they are worrying in there heart for you, they cant tell you now on your face because they are upset about the suspension at school. As you have feelings and emotions, your dad also have it. As you can feel angry if someone hit you in the school, in the same way your dad can also feel angry if you are not listening or did something wrong. Can you also try to understand there heart? They love you but now they are upset about your situation and want to tell or yell to you about it. So just listen to them what they have to say... In that way you are making your own path clear and making everything right in your life because if you listen to parents, they will understand and open their heart towards you to listen your perspective and what you have to say. When they will calm down, you can share them how it all started and who knows, they can help you with your situation too. Please I know you feel, but try to understand parents also, they do everything to put you in school so that you can get education and to make you in depended, to make your future better. So, don't look outwards how upset they are and how they yell but see that they are worried and they don't want their children to suspended and to have bad future. Please, go home and give them space to tell you want they have to say, then when they are calm you talk to them about the situation. :) please let us know, if you need anymore help.

Sep 21, 2015, 12:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Ok... this is what you should do... Call him up... or at least answer his call... Go home.. accept whatever punishment you get... because you do deserve it... you made a bad situation significantly worse.

Here is the key thing Adults see. Accepting responsibility for your own actions. Basically, I did this, I made the choice... even if it was the wrong decision, and I will accept the result of it, good or bad. What happened has happened and no amount of explaining will change it. If its bad.. I do not repeat it.

An adult will make a mistake, we aren't perfect. A smart adult learns from the mistake and doesn't keep repeating it over and over.

A child thinks talking will change what has already happened... an adult understands the past can not be changed... only the future. And the future depends on making the right decisions.. all the time. Wrong decisions change not only NOW.. but they change what your chances in the future are. THAT is why doing the right thing.. every time is so important.
    I think I understand more now I should just take responsibility for the actions I took, the things I know I did wrong, instead of trying to argue with me da that it wasn't me fault I just can't help it when he yells at me. I should have more respect for him he is me da. I will go home in the morning it's to early now it's like 4:30 don't think he'd like me waking him up now.

I just don't help me self do I, I can see it now I did just make everything worse by getting out of the car I don't know what makes me do these stupid things. Need to shut me mouth and use me brain more. I don't want to make trouble for me da just want to be some sort of normal for him
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2015, 12:18 PM
    Where are you now?
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2015, 12:20 PM
    You have to remember mistakes and wrong decisions made NOW... will affect things in the future, Get arrested and that will ALWAYS be with you every job you try to get.

If you think ONE year is a long time... consider you may have 60 more years to live with the mistakes of your youth.

Your father understands this... we understand this... when you understand this... you might think twice before doing something on impulse. When you think twice... you will find yourself making fewer mistakes and bad choices.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 21, 2015, 12:23 PM
    Please do not stay out all night, that will worry your dad and make things worse. Go home and face the music. Apologize for getting out of the car. Your dad is angry but he is also scared. He does not know what to do. You need to get back into counseling.

Sep 21, 2015, 12:33 PM
    Me da will be asleep if I go home now ill just wake him up then he'll be more mad he'll have work in the morning I'll get home before he has to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    You have to remember mistakes and wrong decisions made NOW... will affect things in the future, Get arrested and that will ALWAYS be with you every job you try to get.

If you think ONE year is a long time... consider you may have 60 more years to live with the mistakes of your youth.

Your father understands this... we understand this... when you understand this... you might think twice before doing something on impulse. When you think twice... you will find yourself making fewer mistakes and bad choices.
    Thanks for the advice need to try and stop and think about everything before I speak. Would make my life easier and me da if I just remember all the advice and not let me mouth take over.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2015, 12:35 PM
    He probably hasn't slept very well, if at all. Go home! (You have a key?)

Sep 21, 2015, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    He probably hasn't slept very well, if at all. Go home! (You have a key?)
    I did message him and told him I was all right, I was going to go home but fell asleep, I don't want him to be worried I just thought he might not be so angry stupid I know he's probably even more angry now. No I don't have a key me step mum is always home so don't need one.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Sep 21, 2015, 02:03 PM
    Ok, take care of yourself, and go home as soon as possible.

I myself got worried, knowing that you are out there alone, in the night. Thinkaboutit? how much your parents would be.

Sep 21, 2015, 02:34 PM
    No ones home not me da or step mum. Don't know where they are tried calling me da but no answer. Don't know if I should just wait here or what it's only 7:00 in the morning thought they would be here. I hope everything is all right. I'm such an idiot. Don't know what to do now.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 21, 2015, 06:51 PM
    You stay home until they get there.

Sep 22, 2015, 12:11 AM
    Me da is making me do this anger management class. I know I'm suppose to take what ever punishment I'm given but I kind of think it's a bit extreme. Do you think I can talk to him about maybe not going, he's making me feel like I'm a violent person or something. I don't think it's necessary. I really don't want to make anything worse in enough trouble as it is. So thought I'd ask before I even bother talking to him.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 22, 2015, 01:16 AM
    For the love of all things holy! You take whatever punishment your father gives you and you do it graciously.

This is harsh, but after reading all of your threads and all of your problems, you are a parent's nightmare!

You go to those classes, you listen, you learn. Stop complaining about everything! This is the consequence to your action. Accept it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search