Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrBond Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2015, 09:30 AM
    Kenmore model 363.1444195 dishwasher - no cycle
    Kenmore model 363.1444195 dishwasher does not run a cycle after the control knob is set to START position. Is there some type sensor inside the wash compartment that must be in a certain position before the washer actually activates a wash cycle?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2015, 10:08 AM
    Float switch could be stuck open. Look for a round inverted cup , usually at the left front. They do get corroded and stick open(up). If you remove the lower front panel, you should be able to see it near the water inlet. You should see a micro switch that is normally closed and when the water fills the tub, opens.

Sep 21, 2015, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Float switch could be stuck open. Look for a round inverted cup , usually at the left front. They do get corroded and stick open(up). If you remove the lower front panel, you should be able to see it near the water inlet. You should see a micro switch that is normally closed and when the water fills the tub, opens.
    I checked float after removal "inverted cup" cover, and it appears to be free and springs up and down when depressed. Normally when the control knob is set to START, then lever is latched, a humming sound is heard, then later the sound of water starts to spray and the cycle starts. Now it seems after the humming sound ends, all is quite... no noise is heard. When I manually turn the control knob through the cycle RINSE & HOLD, dry, etc. I hear a sort of solenoid type sound along the way, but no water is heard or seems to enter the wash compartment. Suspect more in depth issue with dishwasher.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2015, 05:26 PM
    Could be the water inlet solenoid, wiring or a bad control panel. Have to do some voltage checking. "solenoid" sound is the pump switching between drain and recycle and tells me you are getting power to the unit. How old? DW's are pretty cheap on sale.

Sep 22, 2015, 09:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Could be the water inlet solenoid, wiring or a bad control panel. Have to do some voltage checking. "solenoid" sound is the pump switching between drain and recycle and tells me you are getting power to the unit. How old? DW's are pretty cheap on sale.
    Thanks. Unit installed in '95, but hardly used as wife preferred to wash by hand in earlier years. Probably used less than 20-times over the years and that's why I'm hoping something not complicated I can fix, inexpensively, without a service call to Sears. You're right, units I've looked at the past few weeks run $250 - $600 bucks, and I think a service call could easily be that much if replacement parts are needed. Will spend another week investigating, then decide on replacing unit with a more water-wise and electrically efficient unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore 363 dishwasher not draining [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore dishwasher 363 model has suddenly stopped draining.

View more questions Search