Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 20, 2015, 06:27 PM
    Can't you send her a message on Facebook? How did you reach her before?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 20, 2015, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lordstannis View Post
    I don't have her number, just gave her mine. So, just wait for her to text me? And if she doesn't forget about her?
    Don't obsess over this new contact. Carry on with your life, and do your thing, and have fun. You have no clue what her life is about, so don't even make it about you. It probably isn't any way. Why get stuck on someone you don't even know? You met her go meet another.

Maybe she gets back to you soon... maybe she doesn't. Regardless, give it a few days and shoot her another text... just ask how she is doing, and if she has time for a burger or something. Never wait for a stranger to get back with you though, why?
    lordstannis Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2015, 12:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Don't obsess over this new contact. Carry on with your life, and do your thing, and have fun. You have no clue what her life is about, so don't even make it about you. It probably isn't any way. Why get stuck on someone you don't even know? You met her go meet another.

Maybe she gets back to you soon... maybe she doesn't. Regardless, give it a few days and shoot her another text... just ask how she is doing, and if she has time for a burger or something. Never wait for a stranger to get back with you though, why?

I messaged her twice on fb alread, so I think that's enough. She never gave me her number, I gave her mine and she said she'd text me. I'll just wait for her to text me. I mean I'm not stopping my life or anything, just wondering if I should contact her again sometime. I guess I'll just wait till she Friday. If she doesn't contact me I'll just forget about it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 22, 2015, 09:06 AM
    You did your part, waste no more time "waiting" on a stranger to their part.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2015, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lordstannis View Post
    I messaged her twice on fb alread, so I think that's enough. She never gave me her number, I gave her mine and she said she'd text me. I'll just wait for her to text me. I mean I'm not stopping my life or anything, just wondering if I should contact her again sometime. I guess I'll just wait till she Friday. If she doesn't contact me I'll just forget about it.

Tells me she really wasn't all that interested... so it's a serious long-shot at best.

If she was going to call or text... she would have done it long before now. Every day past day 2 she doesn't is that much more likely she never will.

Sep 22, 2015, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You did your part, waste no more time "waiting" on a stranger to their part.
    You're right. Forget her.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Tells me she really wasn't all that interested... so it's a serious long-shot at best.

If she was going to call or text... she would have done it long before now. Every day past day 2 she doesn't is that much more likely she never will.
    You're right. She was just being nice messaging me instead of outright rejecting me, which was kind of her. Time to delete her off fb! Oh well, thanks for all the advice, guys and gals!

Sep 25, 2015, 08:53 AM
    Asked her out via fb, hit me with the "always busy". Rejection. Sigh* was really thinking she liked me.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2015, 09:06 AM
    Can't say we didn't see that coming. Everything she did pointed at being cordial... but not really interested.

Sep 25, 2015, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Can't say we didn't see that coming. Everything she did pointed at being cordial... but not really interested.
    I had hope. Oh well, deleted her on fb. No need to talk to her anymore.
    Like I said, out of my league.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2015, 12:52 PM
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Not every person you ask out will accept. You take it in stride and move on.

This is why you never obsess over anyone...particularly before you even ask them out. And why people that do are responsible for their own misery.

Maybe the next one you ask will accept.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I wait for a raise, or find a new job? [ 4 Answers ]

I work as a maintenance man at a hotel in my town. I have been there for 6 months. I am certified in industrial maintenance. I recently had my bi-annual performance evaluation and it was perfect! I realize this career averages 14-18 dollars an hour. I have exceeded my companys standards and even go...

I asked a girl out and another person asked her out as well [ 2 Answers ]

I've known this girl for 9 years and I asked her out but another person asked her out after I did and he's known her for a month what do I do to seem I ilke her more and I'm the better guy (P.S She and her friends think he's a bit of a pervert as he says " Can I feel your bum?")

I can be airhostess or not? How much time I had to wait for a job? [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to the training classes of an airhostess?? I will be airhostess or not? How much time I had to wait for job?

Boyfriend wants time (no deadline),asked me not to wait, while he fig his hectic work [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what to think. The last time we talked, he suddenly told me he really need some time alone. The day before, we just had a nice night out. Fact is, he's always really busy at work, and he hardly have anytime for me. I'm okay with that, except that at last time on the phone, he...

View more questions Search