Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrs zahid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2015, 04:08 AM
    Pregnancy
    I had intercourse on 14 sep & on 15sep is my ovulation day... on 15 I feel egg white watery cervical mucus with a tinge of blood in it... is it mean egg has fertilised?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 18, 2015, 04:15 AM
    FAR to early to tell anything.
    You need to wait for your next missed period.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 18, 2015, 04:42 AM
    First, no one can pinpoint to the day, when they ovulate, its just not possible. Second, the first physical manifestation of pregnancy is when you miss a period. So, as noted, it is far too early to tell. You need to wait at least a week, preferably two after your next due date. If you haven't gotten your period by then, you can start taking tests.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2015, 04:45 AM
    How exactly do you know you ovulate on the 15th... Apps are worthless... and unless you keep a Basal temp chart.. or had actual testing to determine when in the cycle their ovulation USUALLY occurs ... few women actually do know because that's something that does not happen at the same point in every woman. And can be inconsistent from month to month in any individual woman.

The egg is microscopic... you can not feel it.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 18, 2015, 07:39 AM
    The discharge is probably from ovulation. It is common for women to experience a discharge with a very slight tinge of blood when an egg is released. Usually it is very easy to miss the blood because it is so light. Some women will also experience a little pain like a popping sensation or a bit of cramping.

As has been said it is too early to know if conception is occurring. Note that I am using present tense. This is because the process of conception actually takes a few days.

It generally takes a couple of days for sperm to travel to the fallopian tubes. They can survive for up to a week depending on several conditions waiting for an egg to be released. Eggs, on the other hand, once released last for about 24 hours. If a sperm does fertilize the egg, it then takes a couple of days for the fertilized egg to make its way to the uterus. Then if conditions are right it implants on the wall of the uterus. Hopefully beginning a healthy pregnancy.

As you can see, you would still be in the very early stage when conception may or may not be happening.

It is generally best to wait until you miss a period to test. Waiting gives time for your body to produce enough hormones to give a more accurate reading on the test. While waiting and if you are actively attempting to conceive, take care of yourself by making any changes you need to for a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Misses periods for 3 months 2 negative home pregnancy tests and no sign of pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 26 yrs old and about 2 yrs ago i missed my period for the 1st time then it later started naturally after 6 months with heavy menses. 3- 4 months later it stopped again this time i was put on femilion for abt 4 months after completing the course it was normal for 2 months (dec 13, jan 14)...

3 missed periods negative pregnancy tests blood and urine symptoms of pregnancy [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, my last period was on Sept. 15, 2009. It is now December 18, 2009 and I have missed my last 3 periods. I have gone for blood tests and urine tests for pregnancy and every single one has come back negative. I'm so confused! I mean I've been getting pregnancy symptoms like headaches, nausea,...

No signs of pregnancy, negative pregnancy test, and period three days late. [ 4 Answers ]

My period is three days late now, and I was having cramps like I was going to start it, but then it never came. I've been worried, because me & my boyfriend have had sex unprotected, using the pull out method, & I have been reading about the "pre " thing, & I'm worried I got pregnant by that, but I...

2 weeks late on period, negative pregnancy test, got all pregnancy symptoms [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 days late on my pieord, I've done 8 hpt and all come back negative. I have most of the pregnancy symptoms. Can someone help? Has anyone been in this position and been pregnant?

Irregular periods, and pregnancy symptoms, but negative pregnancy test at home [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, Im 19 and I have had irregular periods since January of 09 My last normal period was on Nov 24 of 08 and then I was 13 days late for my period and it was really light. The next month I was only three days late, but my period was barely there. I have been experiencing many signs of pregnance,...

View more questions Search