Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tessler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2015, 06:29 PM
    Drain or plumbing leak in wall behind washer?
    In the wall behind the washer is a circular metal piece screwed onto the wall above the slab foundation which is a step higher in the kitchen than the garage where washer is. Water is leaking out when washer rinse cycle is running. Do you know if this is a drain problem or pipe leak?

Any help appreciated.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2015, 02:12 PM
    Is this a new Problem?

What is size of standing pipe? With the power of the machine the recommended size is 2".

If water is coming out of stand pipe and you have stand pipe less then 2"s, you may have to make your drain a closed system.

Run a snake through stand pipe and do a load. If you still have problem would recommend making it a closed system.

Let us know how it works. We can give instruction to make a closed system.

Chuck
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 18, 2015, 02:53 PM
    I believe you are talking about a MAIN DRAIN CLEANOUT (or branch drain CLEANOUT) here, and if that is the case, the drain has a partial blockage and the drain will need to be snaked through that cleanout to clear the drain. It also sounds like the plug at the wall is loose or the pipe may be cracked. Let us know more here... a picture would also help us to tell you more.

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing Drain pipe leak [ 4 Answers ]

Plumber tells me my drain pipes in the slab are leaking... I see no evidence of this. How do I know if they really are leaking under there?

Plumbing leak in wall [ 1 Answers ]

My main floor bathroom is leaking from the toilet and causing a leakage into the ceiling of the basement bathroom/ This is becoming a real mess and I know absolutely nothing about plumbing. Can any of this be caused from the second floor bathroom. There is no leak on the second floor whatsoever...

Drain leak in wall [ 1 Answers ]

The jacuzzi tub is leaking via it's overflow opening. I tested it 2 make sure and can reproduce the leak by allowing water to go into the overflow. It did not leak with a lower water level i.e. through the jets, screen or tub drain. There is no access to this overflow. It runs inside the...

Washer drain leak behind wall [ 6 Answers ]

I have a washer on the 1st floor that drains into a pipe in the wall down to basement. I have water in the basement under the washer coming from above The floorboard down the straight-away(?), 3-4 foot pipe washer drains into before the trap. No water in kitchen. Because there is a girder an...

View more questions Search