Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aksbhakti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2015, 06:18 AM
    Negative Pregnancy test, but no periods yet. Is she pregnant?
    My wife got her periods on 25th July and on 6th August we had unprotected sex followed by an ipill which she had in 4 hours after the act. On 7th August we had protected sex 3 times with new condoms for each act and after each act she washed herself with water.

13th Aug she had bleeding like her periods but less flow(60% bleeding, considering 100%bleeding during her normal periods), no pain, with very few clots(1-3 clots instead of 8-9) and it was there for 3 days almost(on and off). Her periods were due on 25th Aug (she has irregular periods sometimes).

We did a home pregnancy test that week with negative result and did the second pregnancy test on 5th Sept again with negative result.
    We also did UPT in Lab with negative result on 14th Sept.
    She has no symptoms of pregnancy.
    Its 16th Sept she has not got her periods yet.
    Is she pregnant? 
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 17, 2015, 08:28 AM
    The morning after pill ( which is for emergency, not normal use of planned sex) can cause a women to have off or even no periods for one or two months. (read the warnings) along with many other side effects.

With that said, it is also to early to do pregnancy tests.
    It also could have just been a light period, women's periods vary from time to time.

At this point it sounds more like the effect of the morning after pill.

But.
    The morning after pill is not 100 percent effective.
    Condoms have a 3 to 18 percent failure rate.
    False negative pregnancy tests are common.

So could she be pregnant yes. At this point, you wait till this months period is due and see if she has it.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2015, 02:04 PM
    Most likely not pregnant since she took I-pill and she had a negative pregnancy test 5 weeks after the unprotected sex. Since she has irregular periods sometimes, you may want to test again in another week or two and see what the results are for the peace of mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lighter periods,pregnancy symptoms,negative pregnancy test [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I need help around last month in August I got a,weird feeling that I was pregnant. My period was about 2days late but it was lighter than normal,I had no symptoms of anything it prolonged for 7days, I then went to having cramps,sore boobs,being really tired! This month my period was 3days late...

Irregular periods, and pregnancy symptoms, but negative pregnancy test at home [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, Im 19 and I have had irregular periods since January of 09 My last normal period was on Nov 24 of 08 and then I was 13 days late for my period and it was really light. The next month I was only three days late, but my period was barely there. I have been experiencing many signs of pregnance,...

I missed 2 periods but all pregnancy test say negative. [ 5 Answers ]

My last period was April 5th 2010. I had a weird spotting on the 26th of April that started brown then got pink and then red it lasted until my period was due which was may 3rd. After may 3rd no period showed up I have been getting dizzy and I have had pains in my abdomen I have gotten more tired...

Missed periods but negative pregnancy test [ 7 Answers ]

I have missed my periods for 14 days.did my pergnancy test some days back which turned out negative.I was not into any penetrative sexual act. Help!! really worried!

4 missed periods and 3 negative pregnancy test anyone know why? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all sorry new to all this :D, I am really concerned I have missed 4 months worth of periods and had 3 negative tests. I have been to my g.p and they have taken blood. My FBCS are back but my estrogen testosterone and hcg are not back 3 weeks later is this normal ? Or have I been...

View more questions Search