Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jakarta67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2015, 04:04 PM
    Is it expensive to install an in wall toilet tank
    I want to install a in wall tank with a wall mount toilet. How much am I going to spend for a plumber to install the tank in the wall and the toilet bowl to the wall?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2015, 04:56 PM
    Is this in Calcutta, Kabul, Manhattan or Malibu.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 20, 2015, 03:17 PM
    Yes, it is on the expensive side. The drain outlet and vent need to be reworked, same goes with water inlet. Wall has to be re-framed to accept the toilet frame. After plumber leaves, you will have to patch up the wall and paint it to match the rest of the bathroom.

In my area, such installation goes little over $2K ( labor only / on raised foundation ) and about thousand dollar more when installed on slab (labor only ). You supply the frame, toilet, carpentry services and take care of the final wall repair costs.

In new construction, such installation may be less expensive as it falls under "per fixture" price category, which is a set price for new plumbing fixtures in given project, regardless of if it is floor mounted toilet or wall-hung.

Hope that helps

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toto in wall toilet install [ 1 Answers ]

I had two in wall toto toilets installed and brand new plumbing throughout the house. The in wall unit has a black drain elbow that feeds directly into the pvc drain. My plumber cemented that elbow to the pvc drain. I think a rubber connector should have been used at that junction. I'm concerned...

Toilet tank too close to the wall [ 1 Answers ]

The tank of my toilet is against the wall and as a result, the cover doesn't rest flush (it's tilted forward and anything I put on there slides off). Is there a quick/simple fix? Thanks!

Toilet install 60 feet from tank [ 2 Answers ]

New toilet install . 60 foot straight run 4" sch 40 . How much do I elevate toilet ?

Distance of toilet tank from the wall [ 74 Answers ]

Hi, What is the typical distance of a toilet tank from the wall? Our new one is 1 1/2" and that seems too far. Do you have to move the flange to move the toilet tank closer to the wall? Our bathroom is very small. Thanks. Natalie

How far should toilet tank be from wall? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a very small bathroom and every inch counts. This is a new bathroom in the house and the plumber installed the toilet with the toilet tank 1 1/2" from the wall. I have never seen a toilet tank that far from the wall. Is that acceptable? or should it be closer to the wall. The front...

View more questions Search