Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nivedita23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2015, 03:28 PM
    Hello, I had an unprotected sex on 4th day of periods. I didn't take any pills yet.
    I did not take any pills yet and it is not 24 hours yet. Is there a chance of getting pregnant? IF yes, please suggest me the best birth control pill. My periods are regular with 26 days cycle.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2015, 03:45 PM
    Birth control pills are only effective if they are taken for at least a full month before unprotected sex. And yes while it is possible to get pregnant on your period... because you really do not know when you actually ovulated (don't bother with an app as they are worthless) its not highly likely for many females.

There is no best one, only what's best for you... your OB/GYN will likely have you try several as they all have side effects... some will be worse with some women than with others.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 15, 2015, 11:12 PM
    Could you get pregnant, yes. While it is less likely, it is possible.

Birth control pills are as noted, taken daily and would be taken for a month or more prior to sex to be effective. As with patches. There are many forms of birth controls.
    You needed to have used a condom. If the man does not want to. Just do not have sex.

There are morning after pills of various names, but they become less and less effective the longer you wait to take them. So you may want to consider going to the local pharmacy and asking for one of the morning after pills. The druggist will explain its use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unprotected sex on 2nd day of periods [ 3 Answers ]

Today is the 2nd day of my periods and I had sex with my boyfriend without any protection. Is there any chance of getting pregnant? My menstruation cycle is of about 35-40 days

I and my wife had unprotected sex in her fourth day of period but I didn't discharge [ 1 Answers ]

I and my wife had unprotected sex in her fourth day of period but I didn't discharge inside.than could she be pregnant?

Unprotected sex 5th day of my periods can I be pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

Feeling cramp in my lower abdominal, heartburn and headache etc...

Had Unprotected sex and took pill, Periods didn't come [ 0 Answers ]

Hi,I am a 21year old girl from china.I had my period on dec28th,2010 and again on feb 2nd,2011.After that I had sex with my BF on feb26th ,2011. I took a pill (Plan B {Emergency contraceptive pill} :here in china is Mifeprostone 10mg x 1) within 5hrs and again had sex on feb27th in which he did not...

I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on the second day of my placebo pills. He pul [ 2 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on the second day of my placebo pills (May 10). He pulled out and came into my toilet. I get my period on the sixth day of the placebo pills which was May 14, and I indeed get it on the sixth day and it lasted 4 days. I was wondering if there is any way I can...

View more questions Search