Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sujitranjan72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2015, 10:15 AM
    Government should give unemployment allowance to the unemployed people till they get
    Government should give unemployment allowance to the unemployed people till they get a job the argument in favour or against
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2015, 10:47 AM
    That's your homework assignment. What do you think and why?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 14, 2015, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sujitranjan72 View Post
    Government should give unemployment allowance to the unemployed people till they get a job the argument in favour or against
    WHAT ! They didn't earn it, why should they get it. I could kick your butt off this forum for asking that !
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2015, 03:14 PM
    Why would they want to get a job and have to work if they got paid for being lazy? Why should those of us who work have to pay for the lazy?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 14, 2015, 04:19 PM
    The government already compensates for unemployed workers/underemployed with many different programs Medicaid, wic, etc), in the US at least.

Not agreeing with the unemployed being lazy, or undeserving though, as many factors go into not having, or losing a job. I also think it's a big difference between not wanting to work, and not being able to find work, and working poor.

The issue is more complex than the government just sending out unemployment checks.
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2015, 04:27 PM
    The issue with "...until they get a job" is open ended and a HUGE one as it does not imply a finite length of time...therefor zero urgency to do so. Lazy...unwilling to take a job that's "below them" even though they lack any experience etc.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 14, 2015, 04:35 PM
    Unemployment is finite, and any other benefit from the government is subject to reauthorization.
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2015, 04:57 PM
    In reality in the USA we know it is... however we don't know what country the OP is from on this homework assignment. And it was a hypothetical question as posted. Such as a Pro or Con debate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is it only the stupid people in Government make it to central Government ? [ 5 Answers ]

Why is it only the stupid people in Government make it to central Government ?

I did1099 income tax for 08 can I get unemployment benefits now that I am unemployed? [ 1 Answers ]

I did1099 income tax for 08 can I get unemployment benefits now that I am unemployed? I was laid of last week I self employed and used 1099 to do my 2008 tax.

Government monetary support for unemployed to continue education? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello HELPERS! I'm currently living in Texas, and my unemployment payments ran out. I'm thinking about going back to school (since it seems finding a job these days are impossible). Would you all know of any programs that the government provide monetary support for the unemployed to go back...

People vs. Government [ 8 Answers ]

I know this may seem far fetched to some. I am serious about this and I was wanting some opinions, and kind of curious as to what kind of answers I can get. Does anybody the that We the People will eventually overthrow the government? I mean, we do have that right don't we? This country is being...

Till what extend should I give space. [ 9 Answers ]

I am into d relationship from past 7 yrs. But these days my guy asked me to give him some space... when we have a fight... I know he loves me a lot... he says I haved Changed a lot. The problem with me is I think a lot. Can you suggest me ways how can I keep myself busy. Well I don't have too many...

View more questions Search